Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Semi-OT: Cool `Making lemonade` story

skipclone 1

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's great! But, only one instrument out of such a big, old tree? I would have thought that a bunch of acoustic guitar back-and-sides sets, and a number of smaller traditonal instruments, would have come of it...

In seven or eight years, a few violins and mandolins and possibly a nice figured top for a Les Paul style guitar should be coming from a nine-foot piece of maple with promising figure (if somewhat wide grain) that a small tornado downed in my front yard last year. (It's been sealed and stashed in a very talented luthier friend's barn-loft; he does many things the old school way- thus the long wait for the wood to season and stabilize.)

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Caevan,

7-8yrs.......try not to think about that my friend! Gaman shite ne!!! Thats kinda means I hope you can suck it up & take that wait! We will be here waiting for the pictures!! :cool:

Oh, yeah, don't worry, that's not on my mind at all, that doesn't phase me one bit; I'm just used to peoples' surprise at that time frame when I tell 'em about it...

Elm trees are all but extinct here - nice lookin' guitar!

Yeah, same here, not too far from you- it was that notorious "Dutch Elm Disease"; I remember seeing tall old elms that had succumbed to that when I was a little kid- sad, really...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived