Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Another Hit I Didn't Write-"Pants on the Ground"

ProfD

Admittedly, I do not watch American Idol. But, I've since learned that an old cat showed up and performed "Pants on the Ground".

Of course, this song is taking the country by storm. I expect the General will be a millionaire soon. :laugh:

When I hear these hits, I immediately wonder how I completely overlooked writing them.

Blaming education and Jazz makes me feel better. But, I still can't sing either. :D:cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And I don't think I read anywhere that he DIDN'T have an education, nor did he mention his musical tastes. :)

I wasn't referring the General in that regard. Personally, I'm blaming those two institutions for my inability to craft such a hit. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

There is a local radio 'comedy' (well, I don't think that they are very funny...)team that has a running bit about a phony store called "Pants 'N'at" (n'nat being a local butchering of 'and that') As soon as this 'Pants on the Ground' thing hit, they have been all over it, incorporating it into their bit.

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

I had no idea what you guys were talkin bout so I tubed it. This is an amazing cover! :D

[video:youtube]

In case you haven't seen Fallon do his Neil Young impression. I think it's great.

We cannot accelerate the growth of a tree by pulling on its branches. - Ricardo Iznaola

Infectious song! Im wondering what the attitude toward this song is among those within the population of folks that wear their "pants on the ground?"

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Infectious song! Im wondering what the attitude toward this song is among those within the population of folks that wear their "pants on the ground?"

They probably think it's funny. :rolleyes:

The General is serious though. Hopefully, the song will increase belt sales and inspire these knuckleheads to pull up too. :cool:

PD

....The General is serious though. Hopefully, the song will increase belt sales and inspire these knuckleheads to pull up too. :cool:

+1

I thought his intent was to inspire corrective action.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

I'd like to know how a 62-year old made it past the American Idol cut-off age. :laugh:

His audition must have compelled the producers to let him perform i.e. 15 minutes. :cool:

PD

I thought you guys were kidding around but amazingly, there are tons of versions of this ... er ... song out there, 3 of which are currently on UK itunes! Of course this isn't the first time something like this has happened but it's definitely started me reassessing so many things about music I've taken for granted over the years. And yeah B3-er, whether the ol' general's being paid is certainly one of them.

Archived