Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone missing a Nord Stage?

MuzikTeechur

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's got a picture showing the S/N, which would be odd for selling stolen equipment.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

It would be exceptionally dumb to post the serial number if it was hot, wouldn't it? I'm not saying all crooks are smart, just usually smarter than that.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

My guess is either fast typing or a lack of proofreading left off the 1 or 2 before the 8. :eek:

Otherwise, whoever buys that Nord stage will be stealing. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

You're right. It's for real, and I just bought myself a Nord Stage.

Muzikteechur is Lonnie, in Kittery, Maine.

HS music teacher: Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Chorus, Music Theory, AP Music Theory, History of Rock, Musical Theatre, Piano, Guitar, Drama.

I've seen this stuff before. OASYS 88 for $1800; always unbelievable bargains. I don't know what the scam is but they usually get yanked by CL. Typically the pictures are pulled from somewhere else on the Internet, e.g. ebay.

Of course you could go ahead and meet up with they guy in some parking lot with the $800 cash in your pocket and see what happens.

Busch.

You're right. It's for real, and I just bought myself a Nord Stage.
I hope it works out for you, except for the part where I'm jealous you got it and I didn't.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

My buddy (retired cop) and I are heading to meet him tomorrow afternoon.

HS music teacher: Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Chorus, Music Theory, AP Music Theory, History of Rock, Musical Theatre, Piano, Guitar, Drama.

Its probably a disgruntled ex-wife/girlfriend selling it

Then, as previously discussed here, it's stolen property. :thu:

Difference is, she doesnt give a sh.t if she gets caught... :wave:

-Greg

Motif XS8, MOXF8, Hammond XK1c, Vent

Rhodes Mark II 88 suitcase, Yamaha P255

Slight edit: she doesn't give a shit until she gets caught, and subsequently charged.

My buddy (retired cop) and I are heading to meet him tomorrow afternoon.

Let us know how it turns out......

Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Slight edit: she doesn't give a shit until she gets caught, and subsequently charged.

Which will probably happen on a Judge Judy episode :D

-Greg

Motif XS8, MOXF8, Hammond XK1c, Vent

Rhodes Mark II 88 suitcase, Yamaha P255

If they start talking about shipping and money orders, run!

There are always scams out there for cars and motorcycles. My brother found some truck that was being sold for 2800, it was worth like 9000. They wanted him to pay with a money order and they'd ship the truck to him. From across town. I told him who in their right mind would use some 3rd party like this for a local sale. Go over there, look at the truck, pay in cash. If that's too much trouble, it's a scam. You don't need some bogus Ebay auto financing that points to a link on an anonymous domain to sell something!

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

I'm interested to see how this one plays out. There have been listings like this in my area where the scammer steals someone else's pictures from another auction and re-uses them. I did go look at a bunch of completed auctions on eBay and don't see these particular pictures, so if this is a scam, at least the seller was smart enough to use some older photos. $800 for a Stage 88 seems too good to be true.

Well, I got an email from him late last evening saying that it's no longer available.

Which is really OK - I just bought the Electro 2 this week and it hasn't even arrived yet. So I was scheming at how I was going to come up with $800 from household funds, then quickly sell the Electro and my Kurz to cover the new board (and put a few dollars into my pocket). Sadly I don't have this problem now.

I think you're right, Aidan.

My email correspondence with him was a bit odd:

Me: This is a $3500 instrument. Why are you selling it so cheaply?

Him: Good question.  Maybe I should recheck price. Nothing wrong withvthis that I know. V Thanks Dan

And it got weirder from there. I offered him his asking price and tentative arrangements to travel there this afternoon - only about an hour or so. Then last night it was no longer available.

Oh well, chaulk it up to weirdness.

LW

Well, in retrospect it seemed utterly impossible and that the $800 price tag was either a mistake or scambait.

Archived