Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Studiologic Numa Piano

davinwv

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Fatar/Studiologic enters the DP fray...

According to the specs, the Numa Piano has TP100 action, while the Numa Nano has TP100LR action. As the Piano is 30 pounds and the Nano is 22 pounds, I'm guessing the Piano has a heavier action?

Carlo, we expect a full report. ;):thu:

Thanks for the heads up davinw.

Oh Jesus... just an hour ago I was in the store trying the Nano again - and I was about to sign a check and bring it home! Luckily, I didn't.

If it turns out that the Numa Piano has an heavier action, and good onboard sounds, it could be very desirable, as it's going to weight just a bit more than a Privia. Plus wheels and... Um, I'll have to check about MIDI zones and aftertouch.

Carlo, we expect a full report. ;):thu:

You can bet. Unless they are going to make us wait another two years... :freak:

I checked the specs... it seems to have no aftertouch, no MIDI zoning (just splits and layers for the internal sounds), no sliders. The keyboard might be a bit more resistant than the Nano, but these specs have cooled my enthusiasm a bit.

Also checked the specs for the Nano... I don't know why I was giving for granted that it would have a couple of sliders... damn, when I played it today I forgot to check... but looking at the specs, the Nano doesn't seem to have any slider either!

Also, one MIDI out, no MIDI in. Yeah, you have 4 zones... but you have to connect your 4 modules with their MIDI thrus. Urgh.

Wish I'd known about this a week ago. I didn't even bother looking for their booth at NAMM, if they had one. Does anyone know if it was on display, and if so, did they try it?

Eugenio Upright, 60th Ann P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico Bari, Dano Bari

Select Strat/Tele, Am Pro Jazzmaster, LP 57 Gold, G5422DC-12, T486, T64, PM2, EXL1, XK4, Voyager

• 2 weeks later...

I've been looking at the Numa Nano in the past week. Unfortunately because of rehearsing every day for a week and gigging also I was completely exhausted by the time Namm came so I only went to one booth and had a few minutes on the main floor, so I too missed this one.

The zone and volume slider issues aren't a big deal. I can split the two zones on the module, and control the volumes through the volume pedals hooked directly up to it. All I really need is just to send MSB LSB, which I can program on the Nano's screen (and not by holding buttons and keys down) and name the settings and be able to do program changes. I need something lightweight as I'm going to set this ontop of my Gibson Organ and also take it to some gigs stand alone with the module. (Such as gigs with stair climbs- although I'm now fit enough to lift my S90ES up stairs without killing myself- (I;ve done this twice in the past few weeks. Try weight lifting 1-2x a week guys- you will no longer complain about this stuff). So when does this hit the states?

gotta love those cryptic Fatar data displays. And I think they owe Nord royalities on the midi control section - similar to the fantasic Stage midi controls.

And what means "trough"? I think it means you should hire an editor. ;-)

I'm guessing you will not be applying for the position. ;)

I believe what we have here is a case of the pot calling the kettle...:laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

• 2 weeks later...

Archived