Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mesa Boogie TransAtlantic (I don't work for or rep for Mesa)

desertbluesman

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it my imagination or is Mesa finally getting a little overcome with bells and whistles, glamor and bling? Really, how much can you pour into an amp before it becomes a modeling amp?
Want a custom guitars for prices you can afford? Check out www.tsunamiguitars.com

I hear it has no efx loop, I like reverb, and do not like to place my digital verb stomp in front of the amp input. If it had an effects loop or on board verb, I would consider it. It sure sounds nice according to the clips.

ok so we had the Uni Valve, the Orange TT,

the Vox Night train, Marshall Haze and now the TA from MB..guess what?...

Traynor is in the game now with the Dark horse. dual 6v6 power tubes and a separate 12au7 that is the other power section for a 2 watt mode. it actually uses different power tubes for its wattage drop. 2 6v6 for 15 watts and a 12au7 for the 2 watt mode.

mini head madness. looks like we need a shootout in Guitarplayer.

I hear it has no efx loop, I like reverb, and do not like to place my digital verb stomp in front of the amp input. If it had an effects loop or on board verb, I would consider it. It sure sounds nice according to the clips.

I like reverb, too, but some amps don't need it- they're for turning 'em up and driving the natural reverb of the room. About some of his "tweed" amps, Danny Gatton used to say "reverb? it doesn't need it if I turn it up!" :D

This amp is largely about its output section, with far, far more features there than in most amps; unless you count a master volume control, most have no features there. Putting reverb before its output section- whether in a reverb pan circuit, or an effects loop- would result in the reverb being distorted "after the fact". Most "reverb amps" have tight, clean, higher powered output sections.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I was just trying out my digital verb into my HRD yesterday. It is in my pedal board, but I usually use the on board HRD verb, so all I have to take out is a distortion stomp and use the on board verb and be used to that sound. However the Digitech digital verb stomp sounds soooooo much better. And I was thinking also that all you really need in reverb is for small rooms where you can not turn it up. Back in the day when I was playing out I used very little reverb. It made my sound a little too tinny (or something) at higher volumes now that I think back on it.

ok so we had the Uni Valve, the Orange TT,

the Vox Night train, Marshall Haze and now the TA from MB..guess what?...

Traynor is in the game now with the Dark horse. dual 6v6 power tubes and a separate 12au7 that is the other power section for a 2 watt mode. it actually uses different power tubes for its wattage drop. 2 6v6 for 15 watts and a 12au7 for the 2 watt mode.

mini head madness. looks like we need a shootout in Guitarplayer.

Wired magazine has noticed this trend

There's some other interesting NAMM links sprinkled on that page too ;)

Archived