Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How full time musicians earn their living

Coach

Tomorrow morning is the radio interview on this topic and I wanted to thank everyone who contributed to this thread. I just reviewed the entire thread for a final time and I want to especially thank jimmymio, 80s-LZ, marino, mcgoo, muzikteechur, B3bluesman59, Cygnus64, Eric Jx, VLH, keyguy, The Pro, BluesKeys, jymB,daviel ,B3-er, Ian Benhamou, Joe Muscara, allan_evett, yannis D, gd1, BluMunk, Bill H., linwood and zephonic. The real world experiences shared on this forum are of great value. We posted on other forums but this was the most productive and informative forum. Thank you.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greg,

Thanks for asking. It is a local San Francisco NPR station KALW 91.7FM. Their website has podcasts-www.kalw.org and the host of the show features it on his website www.martynemko.com.

Marty is an excellent piano player as well as a world recognized career coach. We both did gigs in New York City, Long Island and the Catskills in the 60s, but just met recently. He thought it would be of interest to focus on music as a career.

He wanted me to bring a keyboard so I borrowed a Casio Privia 330 for the studio and I'm just trying it now. I hope the keyboard and myself are up to the task. I am anticipating the show to be fun, informative and, perhaps, theraputic.

Greg (and anyone else who is curious) here is the link to the martynemko.com interview. Again, I thank everyone who contributed to this post. OT: Marty Nemko is asking for background on how being a musician affects marriage and relationships and how many relationships have the spouse as the primary wage earner. I am interested in any feedback on the interview.

"You're rapping with Bubba.

The mayor has been taken

prisoner of war...

...by the People's

Revolutionary Strike Force.

Everybody's a comedian.

Look, this is serious!

I'm leaving a tape of our demands

in the phone booth across the street.

Power to the people!

We'll do a little music and

I'll be right back"

-- The Enforcer

"You're rapping with Bubba.

The mayor has been taken

prisoner of war...

...by the People's

Revolutionary Strike Force.

Everybody's a comedian.

Look, this is serious!

I'm leaving a tape of our demands

in the phone booth across the street.

Power to the people!

We'll do a little music and

I'll be right back"

-- The Enforcer

I don't know if I missed a memo or something, but I have no idea what you're talking about or what your post has to do with this thread. Enlighten me... pleae.

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

Greg (and anyone else who is curious) here is the link to the martynemko.com interview.

Coach- I'm looking forward to listening. I downloaded the interview, but need to go to bed now- I'll give it a listen in the next day or so. Thanks for sharing!

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

Archived