Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Haitian Earthquake Relief

kenfxj

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got an e-mail from a fellow player. He's looking to put together a local benefit, and send some money along to where it's needed. It shouldn't be too hard to put together a decent slate. I'm there.

Man. The video images on TV are just worse than words. They just showed the same four clips over and over, but in that clip not a single strand of rebar was to be seen. Just busted cement and the couple of building still standing look like they'll collapse in the first stiff breeze.

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

The news that keeps coming from Haiti is just shocking. The Haitian government is estimating that as many as 200,000 people may have died. It's just a staggering level of tragedy. You can find some more links on donating to relief efforts at HelpHaiti.msnbc.com.

And on a personal note, I can only imagine how the people in my old town are dealing with this. I lived in a town with one of the largest communities of Haitians in the country. I know how difficult it has been to stay in contact with my work colleagues who are there right now, covering the story. But to be unable to get a hold of your family in the wake of this earthquake? It's unfathomable.

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

Archived