Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Allen Toussaint on Austin City Limits

kanker.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I recorded it last night but still haven't had the chance to watch. I'm looking forward to it.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I liked what he did with Elvis Costello.... bringing back some of his old stuff... mmmm good

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Got it...it aired last nite....gonna put it on DVD tonite. I've seen him a few times in Nawlins. I watched him put Steven Seagal in his place onstage one year at the Jazz Fest. He could have played not one note and been King for that one, but he played his ass off.
Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

Got it...it aired last nite....gonna put it on DVD tonite.
How did you record it initially and how do you put it on DVD? PM me if necessary.

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Got it...it aired last nite....gonna put it on DVD tonite. I've seen him a few times in Nawlins. I watched him put Steven Seagal in his place onstage one year at the Jazz Fest. He could have played not one note and been King for that one, but he played his ass off.

Ok, more details on that story please.

Got it on DVR HD when it aired early Sunday morning - played it tonight - really understand the "master class" remark in the thread. I've never heard a band that was better at each individual giving space to everyone else.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

I have AT&T UVerse; I have it automatically programmed to capture any live music shows (Austin City Limits; Soundstage; VH1 when airing some concert footage....), and when I got home tonite, I saw it grabbed ACL last nite. I generally watch 5 minutes to see if it's happening (and it is!), and then I dump it to DVD, and watch it on the train.
Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

I finally watched this. That was awesome. His intro to Southern Nights was just unbelievable. That could have been a piece in itself.

Tonight on pbs there's a doc on Sam Cooke followed by another doc on Marvin Gaye. Should be worth the watch.

I saw the Sam Cooke, and recorded the Marvin Gaye.

Watched part of the ACL. Definately a master class.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Finally watched this as well. I've been lucky enough to see Allen quite a few times over the years, and he was certainly in top form here. Always smooth (in a good way), tight band, impeccably rehearsed, and soulful as hell. These days there aren't many things I hear and think, "I need to learn that!", but the solo break in "Yes We Can Can" was one of them. I'll be copping that ASAP. ;)

Archived