Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A couple of winter scenes from inside my house...

Boggs

First is looking out my kitchen window to the west (my back yard). Nobody breaking in that window!! After that is looking out my dining room window to the south. Not a lot of snow. Just kind of neat looking at the trees and brush with puffy snow on it like clouds.

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/boggs.com/NewHome/Window_Kitchen_Winter_Scene_xs.JPG

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/boggs.com/NewHome/Window_South_Winter_Scene_xs.JPG

Check out my Rock Beach Guitars page showing guitars I have built and repaired... http://www.rockbeachguitars.com

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reminds me of my brief childhood stay in Manitoba and the stint I had in the Chicago area in the 90s. Beautiful!

I actually like this time of year in the north. Unfortunately I'm ready for it to warm up by the middle of February and that doesn't happen up there. :D

Mudcat's music on Soundclick

"Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em."-The Webb Wilder Credo-

We had 20 inches in one night which is a record for the motherload since 1979 when I 1st moved up to the Sierras...so much for Global warming...but I tell you Boggs those ice cycles look real cold and real sharp...so I'm staying in California...
Take care, Larryz

...so much for Global warming...

Actually, global warming doesn't mean that everywhere in the entire planet gets warmer. Certain areas will actually get colder. The ocean currents are changing, due to the effect of the fresh water run-off from the glaciers. For example, the Gulf Stream is a current that runs warm water from the area between Florida and Brazil up the coast to Canada, across to Sweden and then is cooled by arctic winds, sinks and travels in the opposite direction under the warm water. This current distributes a third of the worlds heat. The glacial run-off from the arctic, Northern European and Asian countries such as Siberia, Canada, and Alaska is amassing in large quantities of fresh water in the northern portions of the ocean. Since salt water weighs more, the cold fresh water flowing south on the surface disrupts the flow of warm water from the south and prevents as much heat from being transferred to the north.

Thought you guys might find that as interesting as I do. :)

We cannot accelerate the growth of a tree by pulling on its branches. - Ricardo Iznaola

OK SM3441, very interesting and so much for Global Warming/Colding...but I was up to my AXE hole in the snow...wrote a song about it, here it goes...

They're gonna put me in the movies, they're gonna make a snow man out of me...it never snows in Califonia but boy don't they warn you...it drifts, oh well how highs the snow there darlin, 20 inches and rising...yada yada yada...

Take care, Larryz

Archived