Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OK Got Two Hands and Three Keyboards and Can't Make It Work

Mad_Maestro

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ill go against the grain here, and say that I do NOT line my keys up, but in fact, move my XK1 to the left so that I can more easily reach the top 2 octaves of my organ with the left hand, as Id rather play chordally with my left hand and riff with my right, than the other way around.

Wow, so simple yet I never thought of it! This would help me a lot (in my case 2nd board is Electro), instead of fussing with the octave button. I'm gonna try it tonight.

KC Corner comes through again, thanks Tony!

Regards,

Joe

I realize that this is a guitar player answer, but two hands and three keyboards? Sounds as if it is time to unzip... well, nevermind...
Well, what do you gee-tar players do with all those pedals? :laugh:

Well see, they don't exactly DO anything. It is all a part of the Bo Diddly Factor.

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

I find it easiest to play with two boards at right angles. Then I never feel like I'm playing a right-hand part with my left hand with wrist all cocked, or vice versa. And klutz that I am, it came naturally, my feet even doing the pedals without thought.

But vertical is the practical way. Now that I'm not using a CP-70 and Rhodes, I can't justify the space that an L would take up. And I'm convinced that, even though it's harder for me, I should have more flexibility with a vertical stack.

I'm only using two; with 3 I'd have issues managing the range in height, I think. Unless they were those smart rigs where you stand and the keyboards are tilted away, so your wrists are relaxed. Those gotta be the best.

But, since I play alot of a Hammond and I can't do expression pedal standing, I have to sit.

Archived