Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Worth it Wurlies?

Joe Muscara

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joe barely knows how to play his own instrument from what he has told me in a half dozen emails back months ago. Only a couple of the wurlies are even worth having, and you have to know what you're doing to put in a tremolo unit. They aren't like porting a cab. If you have the tremolocircuitry the rest is simple. I wouldn't pay more than $400 for it. Those boards were always played hard for the distortion, playing hard isn't how you get it though some think it is.

I'm not sure why you needed to disparage Joe in order to comment on Wurlitzers. You won't gain many friends here with that approach, chief.

Joe barely knows how to play his own instrument from what he has told me in a half dozen emails back months ago.

Screw you homeslice!

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

:blush: Thanks guys. You all rock.

I want to ask what's a wewus but I think I don't want to know. :)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

The personal attack on Joe was totally not cool. Hopefully, the perpetrator will redeem himself for it.

In the meantime, I do want Joe to admit and accept that he has more than enough Wurly samples between the RD700GX and Nord Electro Rack. :laugh:

Sure, the vintage stuff is attractive. Especially when heard on records and/or seen in excellent shape at the right price. But, in the long run, copping it isn't really necessary. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

And Logic Studio, Prof. I have that too. :D

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

And Logic Studio, Prof. I have that too. :D

Well, I didn't want Napster to know everything. I'd hate for them to make your unreleased tunes available withour your permission. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Joe barely knows how to play his own instrument from what he has told me in a half dozen emails back months ago.....

Well folks, my BS meter is maxed about now...

What were you thinking, making a statement like that about a fellow player on a public forum ?

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Archived