Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

"Fun" songs

picker

"Octopus's Garden"

"Oh Darling!"

"The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill"

I could go on and on....

to get people to dance in a biker bar?

I like the idea of Zombie though... Dragula...

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It took some looking on Amazon, but I finally found The Trouble Boys, after I figured out it was Dave Edmunds who has the recorded version of it. Great tune, I hope the guys like it. I like Climbing from the Wreckage, too. Good ol' rock 'n roll, it always has a place in the list, doesn't it?

I kinda like

, especially considering I drive a shagged out, broken-down, raggedy Ford...

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

It took some looking on Amazon, but I finally found The Trouble Boys, after I figured out it was Dave Edmunds who has the recorded version of it. Great tune, I hope the guys like it. I like Climbing from the Wreckage, too. Good ol' rock 'n roll, it always has a place in the list, doesn't it?

I kinda like

, especially considering I drive a shagged out, broken-down, raggedy Ford...

Thin Lizzy released a single of Trouble Boys in about 1979, too.

Biker bar?

No question, one that will get raves from the audience (though not a 'fun' song) is "Still in Saigon". The Pusher, Born To Be Wild, that stupid motorcycle instrumental from that stupid Peter Fonda movie, Stairway to Freebird (or any other Reverend Billy C Wirtz songs.... Your Incredible Friend from Hell comesto mind, or Vanessa Williams: the Girl who Muffed her Chance), and those Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe/Rockpile/Graham Parker/etc jams I mentioned above, Watching the Detective, I Knew the Bride, American Girl and Breakdown, and obviously any Skynyrd, Grinders Switch, Charlie Daniels, Allman Brothers (the obvious Whipping Post, but I got a lot of milage out of Please Call Home) Talk Talk, ...

in a biker bar in particular you have to play to the ladies, because the guys are likely only to dance to "Born to be Wild". But The Trouble Boys and Crawling from the Wreckage might really hit well in that venue. These are songs that they don't have to know, they'll like as soon as they hear the words.

Nick Lowe/Rockpile - "Heart Of The City"

Stealers Wheel - "Stuck In The Middle"

Thin Lizzy - "Jailbreak," "Dancin' in The Moonlight," "Boys Are Back In Town," "Cowboy Song,"

the entire CCR catalog

Actually, at the last place I played that somewhat qualifies "Handle With Care" by the Traveling Wilburys got a very loud cheer when the vocals started, which surprised me. We did a ton of old Animals singles - "It's My Life," "We Gotta Get Out Of This Place," "When I Was Young," "Bring It On Home To Me," "Cryin'," "Misunderstood," "Spill The Wine" by War - that got instant cheers and couples dancing, too.

How could I forget "Heart of the City"? that was another one that we did a lot. This band did "Dancing in the Moonlight" which I dislike. My Thin Lizzy tastes run to "Johnny", "Bad Reputation", "Don't Believe a Word", "Killer without a Cause"...

Aldo Fortunate Son (CCR). Love the Animals, Its my Life, We Gotta, and Please Don't Let Me Be Missunderstood, great stuff. "Under My Thumb", "Stray Cat", "Midnight Rambler" (though that cramps my hand...) by the Stones, too.

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Tequilla...

ha... "can I borrow your shoes? ha ha..."

http://chaoskids.com/ROBOTS/CONKY/peewee.gif

still can't get over Pee Wee dancing on the bar (looks like it's stuck in your mind too) but it's a fun song from back in by first band days (circa 1966 Ventures tribute)...always got them dancing long before the "big adventure" (pun intended)...

Take care, Larryz

Archived