Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

my WARWICK STREAMER ROCK BASS

PRS MAN

ok so i got this awsome bass for Christmas its a rock bass streamer by Warwick, one thing that i dont like bout it is what the nobs are for. So im asking anyof you that know what the three nobs are for, i thnk that the first nob(closet to the neck) is for the neck pickup and the middle nob is for the bridge pickup, and the last nob is tone, but i dont know and the pickups are closer to the bridge then the neck, can anyone help?

_____DISCIPLE_ROCKS_____

PAUL REED SMITH GUITARS 4 EVER

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose you are talking about knobs. I don't know what a nob is. I do know what a noob is.

Your guess about the knobs sound pretty logical to me. In some ways it doesn't really matter exactly what the knobs are connected to. What matters is how the sound changes when you turn a particular knob. Just try them and you will find that out and then you will know how to get a particular sound.

It also doesn't really matter where the pickups are on the bass if you like the sound of the bass. If you don't like the sound of the bass you wouldn't say it was an awesome bass, so you have nothing to worry about.

Glad you had a good Christmas.

All I got was a lump of coal.

Congrats on the new bass. Those are pretty nice.

The knobs I think are volume, pickup blend (pans between the neck and bridge pickup)and tone.

I've read where it may have a feature where you pull up on the volume knob and it splits the pickup from double coil to single coil. Once again I'm not positive yours has that feature. If it's brand new it should have come with a manual.

Enjoy the new bass!

Lydian mode? The only mode I know has the words "pie ala" in front of it.

http://www.myspace.com/theeldoradosband

I am assuming this is a used bass and you did not get a manual from the factory. An easy way to check what the "nobs" are for is to tap on the pickups with a small screwdriver as you turn the knobs full left and full right and you can hear clearly the change. Or, you could just play the bass and fiddle with the "Nobs"

Rocky

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb, voting on what to eat for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb, contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin

I've bought 4 basses new, and they never included a manual. Actually I'm not sure about the WAV, that might have ... I don't know, I'm too manly to read manuals :grin:

Normally new Warwicks come with a gig bag, a tool kit, and a little manual about care and feeding of the new bass. Not sure about Rock bass by Warwick though but I would think so.

Jeremy is correct you can find a manual for just about anything on the web.

http://www.warwick.de/media/manuals/Rockbass/manuals/WWRockBassManual_EN.pdf

Well I was wrong. It is volume, volume, tone.

Lydian mode? The only mode I know has the words "pie ala" in front of it.

http://www.myspace.com/theeldoradosband

Archived