Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Off to my Christams Eve gig, anyons else?

BluesKeys

I am off to play solo at a Sullivans Steak House tonight. Anyon else playing? Post what kind of crowd you get. I figure it to be slow so I have all my friends coming out figuring we will take over the bar and turn it into a part AAAA.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am looking at about 25 people in the bar. Surprised me I figuered a few stragglers and lots of empty ashtrays. After NYE we won't even have ashtrays, thank goodness.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

Just got home from mine -- I played a Candlelighting service at a (mostly) Latino church. It was a gas. Very joyful, and some deep meditation going on as well.

And dig this: Someone just gave the minister a KX88! (He's a musician too.) I'm going to go over there next week and check it out.

well, I had MY crowd come in about 10pm. My lovely bride brought 12 people to the club and almost didn't get in because they wanted to close early. So I played till 11pm and had a blast. Got paid early and got out.... Now it is SANTA time.....

Jimmy

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

Just got home from a Christmas Eve service at Church. Big snow storm here: half the choir was missing (including some heavy hitters), but the church congregation was nearly full. The choir was so quiet compared to normal that I checked twice to make sure that the church choir P.A. was on and working. Weird. Usually I raise the piano lid on the grand. Not tonight. Too quiet to do that. We felt more like Chamber Singers than a choir. So we adjusted, and played and sang like a Chambers group. "Silent Night"...It was good.

Played at my usual Christmas Eve lifeteen church service. It's always bitter sweet because we always have a sub drummer because our main guy heads back home to St. Louis for the holiday.

Then I headed over to play 2 hours of solo piano at a house in Palos Verdes, which was pretty random. It was a family and a couple neighbors, and I played the usual Jazz/Christmas song mix. The piano was an old old Steinway that had just been tuned, so it was a nice time. During the dinner when everyone was in the other room, a woman who looked to be late 60s came in and pulled a chair right up to the piano and asked for some Cole Porter. She was a bit toasted, but I gave her 'Easy To Love'. She tapped her foot and played air piano along, and then went back into the other room.

Now it's 1:10 AM and I just finished putting a horseradish/roasted garlic coating all over the roast for tomorrow, and I need to get some sleep.

Merry Christmas!

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Archived