Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Defend the existence of: Whatever band you like.

Griffinator

At my age, and with my looks, I can't afford to be too choicey. Hell, I'd consider Leona Helmsley if I had a shovel.

OK, apologies to Jeremy, but Flank just won the thread.

*note: I reserve the right to declare a new winner if someone else comes in with an even more hilariously outrageous comment that may or may not have anything to do with the OP. ;)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Katie Price and Peter Andre.

I cried tears (of blood) when I first heard them. I'm not the only one - read the reviews Here

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

At my age, and with my looks, I can't afford to be too choicey. Hell, I'd consider Leona Helmsley if I had a shovel.

Yeah? I'd consider the shovel...

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Whoever spent all that time writing those reviews (I suspect it was the same person) is both a comedic genius and extremely disturbed individual.... :D

That's British humour for you. We are all comedic genii and extremely disturbed. ;) Probably.

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

Porcupine Tree. The greatest band nobody has heard of.

Interesting. A friend lent me this book "The Best Music You've Never Heard" by Nigel Williamson

http://www.amazon.com/Music-Youve-Never-Heard-Reference/dp/1848360037/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1261872472&sr=1-1

It's kind of a hoot. I plug the artist's name into Pandora and get to hear one of their tracks (or more if I stick around) while I read the page and a half writeup.

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

Porcupine Tree. The greatest band nobody has heard of.

Funny you mention them. I've listened to a LOT of their stuff, but the only record that really excited me to date was the newest one I've heard, Fear of a Blank Planet. Lot of frenetic energy on that album that I can really dig, that really wasn't there on a lot of early stuff.

The funny part is that I've had the title track from that CD stuck in my head for several days.

The story of the band itself and how it came to be is interesting. They were originally just a side project of the guitarist and keyboard player. They threw a couple tunes on compilation cd's and made up an imaginary band bio to put with it. When their tracks caught on, they actually had to go out and form a band. Their varying styles and sounds over the years is one of the things that I find appealing. From very early experimental sounding stuff (think Pink Floyd) to their newer progressive/metal stuff, Steve Wilson (lead guitar, vocals, songwriter) continues to amaze me with his seemingly inexhaustible supply of creative ideas. Fear Of A Blank Planet is a great CD. I "discovered" these guys when I saw them open for Yes back in 2002 right after they released In Absentia (another great CD). They also have a dvd out from a live performance several years ago in Chicago. Colin Edwin is a phenomenal bassist. Check them out. You will not be disappointed.

http://www.porcupinetree.com/

"There's not enough bass in the mix unless the first three rows are having involuntary bowel movements."

http://www.myspace.com/biguglyman_bass

Betty or Veronica? Mary Ann or Ginger?

Betty and Mary Ann, no question.

Betty was a smoking hot blonde, and Mary Ann had that mixture of farm-girl wholesomeness and smoldering hot looks.

Veronica and Ginger? One look and you just know they're VERY high maintenance.

"Tours widely in the southwestern tip of Kentucky"

Yikes! If I was considering her I'de take the shovel to my groin first.

BTW, Ginger - you just know she's all kinda nasty.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

No one can possibly defend this:

:rimshot:

I can't say much for Ms. Twain, but the band behind her (Union Staion) is one of the finest ever assembled.

My whole trick is to keep the tune well out in front. If I play Tchaikovsky, I play his melodies and skip his spiritual struggle. ~Liberace

No one can possibly defend this:

:rimshot:

I can't say much for Ms. Twain, but the band behind her (Union Station) is one of the finest ever assembled.

During the rest of that show AKUS backed ST on some of her hit songs. They sounded wonderful.

Shania is very pretty, has a nice voice, and maybe has the ability to write catcht country -pop songs. It'll be interesting to see how she gets on w/o Mutt Lange to produce her. I never cared for his production anyway, might be an improvement from my POV.

River Bottom Nightmare Band.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/muppet/images/thumb/0/05/RiverbottomNightmareBand.jpg/300px-RiverbottomNightmareBand.jpg

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Archived