Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Wow - tiny, detailed Wakeman rig model.

Ed Coury

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure, I'd admit to owning it if I actually did!

The Six Wives DVD (I didn't get the Blu-ray) is terrific fun! Full of pomp and bombast. Nice orchestrations to go with the extended versions, "Catherine Howard" in particular.

"The devil take the poets who dare to sing the pleasures of an artist's life." - Gottschalk

Soundcloud

Aethellis

Sure, I'd admit to owning it if I actually did!

The Six Wives DVD (I didn't get the Blu-ray) is terrific fun! Full of pomp and bombast. Nice orchestrations to go with the extended versions, "Catherine Howard" in particular.

It was $21 on Amazon, so I picked it up.

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

At last. I've been looking for a way to to shrink the schelp. Now I can walk to the gig with the whole rig taped to a piece of cardboard. Plus, I have truly teeny digits. Should be perfect. I can finally stretch a 10th.

Brings back memories of the Stonehenge stage scene from Spinal Tap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlf5ucFanpY

(2:20 - 3:50, especially)

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Would anyone here admit to owning that?

I would admit to owning it, but not to building it. :)

Yeah, if I'm Wakeman, I'm either wondering 1) do fans get any more dedicated than mine? (especially after looking at the Hammond tube amp detail) or, 2) the next time I'm playing in Japan, does this situation require a restraining order?

I love it - although I would not have the patience to build it! The detail is amazing.

I DO want the Iconz action figure of Keith Emerson, if anyone has it for sale - at a bargain price. I'm not ready to pay $110.00 for it :-)

"Oh yeah, I've got two hands here." (Viv Savage)

"Mr. Blu... Mr. Blutarsky: Zero POINT zero." (Dean Vernon Wormer)

How about this...Since there are people who have models of every car they ever owned...would you have a model of your own favorite keyboard rig from days gone by? I have to confess while I sure don't miss the weight, my 70's rig was pretty neat and all I have left of it is the Hammond.

retrokeys, I dig that analogy, and the KB models are amazing.

But the models of every car I owned wouldn't have to be fabricated from scratch, one-off, by me. The level of investment of time, attention, detail and obsession is an order of magnitude different than putting together Revell models with polystyrene glue.

I'm sort of glad to see the YMO model, assuming it's from the same guy. That would imply the guy is just an excellent (albeit obsessive, a little nerdy and incredibly patient) modeler who specializes in keyboards.

If it was just Rick's rig, there's sort of a vibe of "Wakeman rubs the lotion in, or it gets the hose again..."

Archived