Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Way OT: weathermen

Ross Brown

You're asking for a meteorology lesson? Here?

If you really want to know, I can probably get Tedster, a fine guitar player, employee of the Nat'l Weather Service, and all-around great human being (and at one time the person with the highest post count on MusicPlayer) to post here.

Just from the little I know about meteorology, I'm stunned that they can even predict what they predict. It's friggin' chaos theory, for gods' sake, what do you expect? And are you surprised that local weather people claim to have accurate forecasts? These are talking heads on television...no more, no less. They are getting the same info as weather.com. Just like no one really

QUANTITATIVELY and OBJECTIVELY measures the additional sustain that a heavy bridge may or may not provide (or the uselessness of that characteristic...have you really had a problem with a note lasting as long as you needed it to in Jazz or Rock?), no one has really measured the accuracy of various meteorologists in any statistically meaningful way.

"For instance" is not proof.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that weather girls are famous for boobs, not weather forecasts.

Ah, Elita Loresca of KNBC in Los Angeles :thu: .....

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc181/anchorbabes/apr2008/elitaloresca1.jpg

I'm sorry, what were we talking about?

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

Archived