Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

"God Plays Bass"

itswac

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a beautiful story. My dad was a poet, but he never wrote about the bass. Actually, he played the recorder--pretty good too. Unfortunately, he died before he ever got to hear me play bass.
"Everyone wants to change the world, but no one thinks of changing themselves." Leo Tolstoy

a beautiful story. My dad was a poet, but he never wrote about the bass. Actually, he played the recorder--pretty good too. Unfortunately, he died before he ever got to hear me play bass.

Sadly, my father didn't get to hear me play bass, nor see me grow up. But he did leave a poem, though I have yet to read it.

My father, although very hard of hearing, could still hum the bass line to Innagaddadavidda until his passing several years ago at the age of 73. That was the first song I ever learned to play on the bass and needless to say it took me awhile. God bless all the bass-tolerant dads...

"There's not enough bass in the mix unless the first three rows are having involuntary bowel movements."

http://www.myspace.com/biguglyman_bass

My Dad is 80. He comes to gigs in the worst part of town sometimes. He is a tough motherf$%$#$. He is fearless. I am blessed to have a Dad that bothers to come to my gigs. We share stories about playing. He plays sax, clarient and piano. He is a jazz and classical guy but the stories are fun....
"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

• 1 month later...

Archived