Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Choosing a VST sampler?

dalpozlead

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kontakt is pretty much the standard these days, but SOV is Akai format (or Roland format if that's the version you have). So any sampler will do in that case, as you won't lose anything valuable such as KSP scripting by using another sampler other than Kontakt.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I converted SOVs and Vocal Planet into Kontakt a long time ago and with good results. These are pretty basic libraries. The recording quality is top notch but the programming is pretty basic. Kontakt is pricy but is opens up a world of wonderful libraries with take advantage of Kontakt's unique and powerful scripting language.

Busch.

Be wary of using Kontakt if you have Spectrasonics products like Omni, RMX or Trilogy. They don't play nice together at all. I bought the Komplete 5 bundle & now have to decide whether I want to use Kontact, or Spectrasonics in my tunes.

You can check the NI forums for info.

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

Archived