Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Dexter

Gifthorse

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad you've enjoyed it, Bruce, but I must admit I'd never even heard of it. I don't pay a lot of attention to most television stuff, 's'just me, I'm a little weird.

Surely some other Forummites must've seen it!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I love that show, I have only seen through season 3 though, I have to wait till it comes out on Netflix. With all the TV and movies over the years, it is amazing that the writers can still come up with suprises and plot twists on such a quirky premise for a show. It gives us hope that there is still creativity out there.

I don't really watch much TV, especially in Taiwan. But even in the US, I preferred either playing guitar, or video games.

But they say video games are better for you!

Dexter is worthy TV in my opinion, if you like cool plot development, which is pretty brilliant. I mean it is a TV show, so it isn't REAL, but I like that--after all of the reality TV

I`ve seen a couple of episodes on a friend`s laptop. It`s a premise that could work brilliantly or flop totally, what I`ve seen so far is really intriguing. But generally I don`t have time for a lot of TV either. I`ve seen some episodes of `24`, but `Lost`-no clue.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

I am the Dexter of mods!

Yeah, that works...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mUDI2WIl6cg/SYQ31ECGlWI/AAAAAAAADPo/hYQ0Zh_aICo/s400/dexter+cartoon.gif:D

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Dexter is an interesting show. It's about a psychotic serial killer who stalks and kills child molesters, abusive fathers, killers who get off on technicalities, insurance salesmen, telemarketers, bill collectors who call at three in the morning, just all sorts of rotten people who deserve to die.

It's more complicated than that, but that's the basic gist. I liked it when I still got Showtime.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

I have seen the vids in my local rental joint but the blood spatters on the covers turned me off picking them up for a closer look.........what kinda show is it?

It has incredible plot, and character development.

It is about a blood spatter forensics pathologist, who because of a childhood trauma (his mom was butchered in front of him with a chainsaw), is devout of any human emotion. His father (a cop) recognized that his adopted son (his father found him as a 3 yr old in a pool of blood next to his Mom's dismembered body), was showing signs of being a sociopath.

So he trains Dexter from an early age, to channel his dark energy into basically becoming the ultimate vigilante. So though Dexter loves killing, he is trained by his cop Dad NOT to get caught.

In his line of work he is able to read between the lines and figure out who is guilty and not guilty. The evil people, he goes after and ritualistically kills. Usually with poetic justice.

But the show is more than that. It has other characters which are well developed.

But interesting part is how Dexter is able to juggle his web of lies. He is able to be a father, husband, big brother, friend, and serial killer (vigilante). But underneath it he actually has no emotions. It is all an act.

Every episode he is hunting someone. Sometimes it takes more episodes to kill that person. But that is usually secondary to the domestic life he is leading, and how he is able to lie and cover his tracks.

Of course the show is ENTERTAINMENT, so if you dissect it--of course it isn't even close to being real.

I don't really watch TV much. I tend to like good shows. For instance, my fav all time show is The Twilight Zone. Dexter would be a close second.

we don't bother with cable so when i first seen it on local TV i was ready to roll my eyes because i thought it would be just another excuse to push the envelope on what you can get away with on TV.

well i was pleasantly surprised. i love it.

but of course that means (with local TV) as soon as i get into something it isn't on again. i will probably buy the DVD's.

Zan, money well spent. Really through all 4 seasons there are only a couple episodes that I was bored by. Thats pretty damn incredible if you ask me.

One of my favorite parts about Dexter is he NEVER loses. He is also a total martial arts expert. That aspect reminds me of that 80's show 'The Equalizer'.

Zan,

Here in Jpn the TV is pretty damned awful, in fact I moved semi rural about 3-4yrs ago & didnt bother to put up an antenna so we hadnt watched tv for almost 4yrs, was awsome! But a couple months ago the Mrs made me buy & have someone stick on the house as the mother in law was coming & she needs tv to occupy her so she doesnt get into mischief :rolleyes:

Gifthorse,

Wow the Equalizer man that brings back memories..........I think, I can remember it but cant remember it haha maybe I will through that into youtube & see if some bits come up to jog the fading memory! :thu:

Zan, money well spent. Really through all 4 seasons there are only a couple episodes that I was bored by. Thats pretty damn incredible if you ask me.

One of my favorite parts about Dexter is he NEVER loses. He is also a total martial arts expert. That aspect reminds me of that 80's show 'The Equalizer'.

i loved it when he smacked his girlfriend's loser ex with the frying pan and set him up. i was thinking he was going to do more than that. as you can see i haven't seen it for awhile. i did get to see him do in his brother.

I am just a huge fan of Dexter all around. I've only seen this season, and parts of the last season but I fully intend on watching every episode from season one to the current, hopefully before next season starts.

I was a bit pissed at the ending of this season but then again it sort of made sense I guess. Some people were happy with the ending but maybe I hadn't gotten to the point where I wanted it to happen the way it did.

My favorite is how weird dex acts towards the peeps on his table. I know it should be disturbing but I think its funny.

Check out Mike Peralta's debut acoustic alternative album, "Music of My Youth" now, at www.MikePeralta.com

I am just a huge fan of Dexter all around. I've only seen this season, and parts of the last season but I fully intend on watching every episode from season one to the current, hopefully before next season starts.

I was a bit pissed at the ending of this season but then again it sort of made sense I guess. Some people were happy with the ending but maybe I hadn't gotten to the point where I wanted it to happen the way it did.

My favorite is how weird dex acts towards the peeps on his table. I know it should be disturbing but I think its funny.

I think the finale was brilliant. Everything about it. The reason is I have watched from the very first episode. In order for the show to continue they needed to make changes.

That way next season Dexter is reborn as a lone wolf again. They needed to pave the way for that. That is the best part about the show. The idea that he feels no emotions. The family was a great idea and a cool contrast to Dexter's apathy to emotion.

Archived