Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The best stage piano on the market?

Tim Wood

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I tend to think if the OP is looking for something now, he's better off buying now. Stuff that's announced next month probably won't hit stores for at least a few months after the show.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

The best digital stage piano isn't out yet. It will be a joint effort among the major manufacturers. Right now, they are calling it the YKKKNR-1-Yickner 1 for short. :D

The YKKKNR-1 is already projected to sell very well in the southern US. Of course, its initials stem from those involved i.e. Yamaha, Korg, Kurzweil, Kawai, Nord and Roland. This DP will not be featured at NAMM. It will just going to show in stores one day. :laugh:

Kidding aside....

In the interest of satisfying the DP jones today, it sounds like that Kawai made a decent impression. Go back and play the MP5. It doesn't take a lot ot plug it up.

Really, I regularly plug and unplug stuff when I'm in the music store. Folks mistakenly think I work there. :rolleyes:

Take the Yamaha C and P series, Korg SV-1, Kurzweil SP series and Casio Privia for spin too. Welcome to the forum. Good luck in your decision. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

People have mentioned some great options for you. I thought I'd point out that the amplification you use for it can make or break the piano. I take along a pair for headphones when auditioning ... that way I am not swayed by some high end system that one of the DP's is plugged into.

I'm curious... After reading all these response's to your question, which board do you understand to be the best one LOL?

btw... There should be a couple more pages of answers, just to clear things up for you even more. :wave:

-Greg

Motif XS8, MOXF8, Hammond XK1c, Vent

Rhodes Mark II 88 suitcase, Yamaha P255

People have mentioned some great options for you. I thought I'd point out that the amplification you use for it can make or break the piano. I take along a pair for headphones when auditioning ... that way I am not swayed by some high end system that one of the DP's is plugged into.

+1

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

I'm curious... After reading all these response's to your question, which board do you understand to be the best one LOL?

btw... There should be a couple more pages of answers, just to clear things up for you even more. :wave:

Yeah?

Well just what did he expect coming to THIS forum asking THAT question? ...something resembling concurrence?

Ahahahahahahaha. :D

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Yeah?

Well just what did he expect coming to THIS forum asking THAT question? ...something resembling concurrence?

Ahahahahahahaha. :D

HEY!!!! There can only be one BEST!

-Greg

Motif XS8, MOXF8, Hammond XK1c, Vent

Rhodes Mark II 88 suitcase, Yamaha P255

HEY!!!! There can only be one BEST!
You should work for the Grammys. ;)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived