Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Film - The Terminal, Tom Hanks .... Benny Golson

Dave Horne

I worked out tonight at the gym and watched most of The Terminal with Tom Hanks; I watched the rest at home.

The background music of the film is great as is the story itself. The goal for Tom is to get the autograph of Benny Golson as a promise he made to his father. If you haven't seen this film, rent it and enjoy it.

Benny turned 80 this year.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I worked out tonight at the gym and watched most of The Terminal with Tom Hanks ...

... starring Tom Hanks, I was not working out with him. :)

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Apparently this film was based on this guy's real life story.

An Eastern European getting an autograph for his dad must have been a little more endearing to Western audiences though.

I was keen to watch the film until I saw a couple of clips of Hanks laying it on as a quirky East European.

Apparently this film was based on this guy's real life story.

An Eastern European getting an autograph for his dad must have been a little more endearing to Western audiences though.

I was keen to watch the film until I saw a couple of clips of Hanks laying it on as a quirky East European.

I just read that wikipedia and that is one of the strangest things I have ever heard.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Isn't it a "spoiler" to mention the Benny Golson plot element?

It's like saying Rosebud is a sled. Oh, you haven't see "Citizen Kane"? Crap. Just forget that.

Do you know what Rosebud was really referring to ... and why William Randolph Hearst did his best to have that film not shown? :)

Isn't it a "spoiler" to mention the Benny Golson plot element?

It's like saying Rosebud is a sled. Oh, you haven't see "Citizen Kane"? Crap. Just forget that.

Do you know what Rosebud was really referring to ... and why William Randolph Hearst did his best to have that film not shown? :)

Well, there's a rumor, but it's not substantiated. ;-)

Archived