Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Happy Holidays and be thankful if you have a roof.

myles_rose

I woke up this morning and had a question about Groove Tubes power reducers from a fellow. He asked if I recommended them. I told him I did not and there was no longer any support on them. I told him things would sound better, give more options and be reliable with a Dr. Z Airbrake and sent him the link. An attenuator would be better from my point of view than the GT power reducers.

Just want to wish everybody a happy holiday season. Be thankful for what you have. As some of you are aware I have been spending a lot of time with the homeless folks in Los Angeles. I started a blog yesterday at http://la-economy.blogspot.com/ that goes into some of the aspects of this. Be thankful for your home and families. With the current economic situation these people come from all walks of life.

Myles S. Rose

www.guitaramplifierblueprinting.com

www.la-economy.blogspot.com

www.facebook.com/mylesr

www.twitter.com/myles111us

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Merry Christmas to you also Myles. I spend one night a week at the local VA hospital and yes there are alot of folks who have nothing, yet are the nicest folks I've ever known. My wife's grandmother grew up deep in the hills of Tennessee and her best Christmas memory was the year she got a fresh orange. Maybe time for all of us to back it off a notch you know?

L.B.

I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

Just want to wish everybody a happy holiday season. Be thankful for what you have. As some of you are aware I have been spending a lot of time with the homeless folks in Los Angeles. I started a blog yesterday at http://la-economy.blogspot.com/ that goes into some of the aspects of this. Be thankful for your home and families. With the current economic situation these people come from all walks of life.

Yes, indeed. And that's very, very cool of you, Myles...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Merry Christmas to everyone!

The "roof" comment is very personal to me as I lost my job in October. However last year my wife and I got on board with Dave Ramsey's "Money Makeover" plan. Clipped the credit cards, started an emergency fund and began funneling our extra money into paying off bills for good. And thank God we did as we're secure until June of 2010. No frills, but minimal danger.

My dream of owing an American Telecaster has been put on hold, but that's okay; they'll make more! :whistle:

Dan

"I hate what I've become, trying to escape who I am..."

Merry Christmas to everyone!

The "roof" comment is very personal to me as I lost my job in October. However last year my wife and I got on board with Dave Ramsey's "Money Makeover" plan. Clipped the credit cards, started an emergency fund and began funneling our extra money into paying off bills for good. And thank God we did as we're secure until June of 2010. No frills, but minimal danger.

My dream of owing an American Telecaster has been put on hold, but that's okay; they'll make more! :whistle:

Dan ... hang in there and good luck. If you are anywhere near Los Angeles I'd be happy to assist or help in any way I can.

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

Thank you so much Myles. Unfortunately I'm here in Michigan so your kind offer will have to do. However...

If you can arrange some private lessons for me with David Gilmour, I would really like that! :rawk:

Dan

"I hate what I've become, trying to escape who I am..."

Dan ... can't do much on the David Gilmour front but I can probably hook you up with Carl Verheyen who can play anything Gilmour can in Gilmour's style along with most anybody else in their style :) www.carlverheyen.com ... look at his bio and you realize you have heard him a lot already.

If it gets too cold and harsh in Michigan and you venture west you have a friend here.

Myles

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

If I am a bit slower to reply to email or posts than usual it is due to time I am spending trying to help the homeless. On my GAB website the first page explains a bit more near the top of the page.

Thanks for all the support from the folks here and I will continue to support all of you as much as I can.

Happy Holidays to all.

Myles

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

Yes, I think a "credit card clipper" would make an excellent Christmas gift idea......

Except for my Sam Ash card, because they don't charge interest (on top of interest on top of interest...) or write threatening letters if you're a couple days late with a payment....

I agree we should be thankful - it never hurts!

Yes, I think a "credit card clipper" would make an excellent Christmas gift idea......

Except for my Sam Ash card, because they don't charge interest (on top of interest on top of interest...) or write threatening letters if you're a couple days late with a payment....

I agree we should be thankful - it never hurts!

My wife and I purchase nearly everything on credit cards. However, we consider every purchase to be cash. We get receipts for everything and immediately write it out of the checkbook. That way, we pay off the cards every month and never run a balance. The result is that we have a near perfect credit rating, keep a fairly high average balance in our interest-bearing checking account, and get to use all of the perks that credit cards offer (extended warranties, cash back, miles, fraud protection, gas discounts, etc...). It takes discipline but it's well worth it. My father always told me: "use other people's money whenever possible".

Archived