Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Merry Christmas from the K.D.O.R.

picker

The Kansas State Revenue officers just left my office with all the cash and checks we had on hand. They served me with warrants for the company, and my employer and his wife by name. There are 4 warrants for back sales taxes, withholding taxes, penalties and interest, etc, totaling more than $210,000.00. It also says they are to levy upon and sell the personal property and/or real estate on the company/owners, and it's all supposed to take place within 90 days.

My employer says it's just the way the tax department tries to scare you, they are in negotiation to work out a payment plan. I don't know whether to believe him, or if he even knows what he's talking about. He started off thinking the business was a service so he didn't have to charge sales tax, and he was wrong about that. So, I don't know what's going to happen, or when. But it sure doesn't look or sound promising.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the state will want their money, if he can come up with a payment plan, they will opt for that is my guess.

After all the Governor of the state can't be seen in a Ford, Chevy, Kia or Toyota like you or I, he needs a Mercedes limo or better. So tell your boss to pay up or the Governor will have to be embarrassed riding around in an ordinary car.

Oh man! Hopefully everything works out OK. Do you have other options if things start to turn bad?

No, nothing I know of yet. I'm 56 with diabetes & bad credit. No one is beating down my door...

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

My employer says it's just the way the tax department tries to scare you

Yeah, by cutting your hands and feet off. Your employer sounds seriously misinformed.

Sorry to hear that news, especially at this time of year. Must be that same law that says the phone calls you don`t want to hear always come at 3 a.m.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Must be that same law that says the phone calls you don`t want to hear always come at 3 a.m.

My phone company has a "do not disturb feature" I pay 3 bucks a month for that. after 4:30 PM you need a 4 digit code to get through to my home phone, The phone don't come back on until 8:00 AM (and you have to be blood related to get that code from me too).

Best three bucks a month I ever spent.

(Sorry to hijack the thread, but I just had to let you know this is available in some areas)

Archived