Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Shocking industry news: Behringer takes over Midas and Klark

Mark Schmieder

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've gigged with a Behringer FCB 1010 MIDI pedalboard for 5 years. Programming it is almost beyond arcane (and I used to program a DX-7 from the front panel), but it's been perfectly reliable. Their mixers are pure crap, though.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

We've gigged with the b215s, subs (mackie amps, though), and a 16 ch mixer w/effects (cant remember the model number) for the last 1 1/2 years.

Its not the best (sound) quality equipment out there, but they take the punishment and haven't let us down yet. I think they're pretty amazing in the 'bang for buck' department...

When pro sound folks discuss gear, Mackie and Midas aren't in the same conversation. They might use both mixers but for different purposes.

It is similar to the belief that a Hyundai is a car and a Bentley is an automobile. :cool:

Very accurate depiction, too, since a Hyundai isn't the bottom of the barrel. Behringer would be the Kia in this conversation. ;)

Actually, Hyundai has owned Kia for several years now, and platforms/drivetrains are shared across both marques. My '06 Kia Rio5 has been a fantastic little hatchback...I've put 118K on it in 3.5 years so far. It's due for an expensive 120K service (timing belt and whatnot) but that's expected. It's easy on gas and easy to get the Leslie in and out of. ;)

---

Todd A. Phipps

"...no, I'm not a Hammondoholic...I can stop anytime..."

http://www.facebook.com/b3nut ** http://www.blueolives.com

We've gigged with the b215s, subs (mackie amps, though), and a 16 ch mixer w/effects (cant remember the model number) for the last 1 1/2 years.

Its not the best (sound) quality equipment out there, but they take the punishment and haven't let us down yet. I think they're pretty amazing in the 'bang for buck' department...

Probably smart move there. I know a sound guy who swore by B**er equipment until he took on a benefit show (12 hours of band after band after band) and half his amps crapped out 6 hours in.

just wondering does anybody consider at least one of the Behringer products as Good?

I've got a Behringer mixer at home. It is what it is. When I want to record high quality I run right into my audio card instead of through the mixer. But it's OK for practicing and stuff at home. I wouldn't use it live. I DID use an 8-channel active DI live for a while and had a lot of problems. I switched to the Radial 8-channel Passive DI for about ten times the price and it's worth every penny.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Archived