Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

HCKSS brings the LOL's!

yorgatron

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's the same DeliriumTremens that got roasted here -deservedly- a few days ago. My answer would be: "If you get a negative response on every forum you visit maybe the problem isn't the forum if the only constant is you."
Instrumentation is meaningless - a song either stands on its own merit, or it requires bells and whistles to cover its lack of adequacy, much less quality. - kanker

If this place were as bad as he says, me and my fragile ego wouldn't still be here. :D

The concept of asking on a keyboard forum, "what's the best keyboard forum" is pretty symbolic of the dude's cluelessness.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

If this place were as bad as he says, me and my fragile ego wouldn't still be here. :D

You're not, really. You're double secret banninated, remember? :idea:

dB

Wait.

Where is that astute group of forumites who will swoop down and correct your english? As in...

"If this place were as bad as he says, my fragile ego and I wouldn't still be here." :D

Of course *I* would never do that to ya Joe. I'm just thinking one step ahead so you can get started in planning your defensive moves.

Yeah. :thu::laugh:

Know what? Something tells me that if I don't make a quick exit, I too will be double secret banninated and all my posts will be automatically forwarded to both the drummer's forum and that other forum. :sick:

Ummmmmmm... buh bye. :cool:

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

You're not, really. You're double secret banninated, remember? :idea:

dB

Know what? Something tells me that if I don't make a quick exit, I too will be double secret banninated and all my posts will be automatically forwarded to both the drummer's forum and that other forum. :sick:

Ummmmmmm... buh bye. :cool:

Tom

Too late :mad: When you wake up tomorrow, you'll find yourself at the . . . TIGER WOODS FORUM!!!!!! ...

ha ha ha ha ha ha buahahaha

Man. I mean, man. I go from double secret banninated to double slammed in one thread. :cry:

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I just handed him his a## over there

I wanted to see that, so I followed the link. I guess you really did hand him his a$$. The whole site's down.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

I could link some threads from this forum that would give the HC OP some merit.

There is a bit of hazing one must endure around here, this forum is no angel.

-Greg

Motif XS8, MOXF8, Hammond XK1c, Vent

Rhodes Mark II 88 suitcase, Yamaha P255

I could link some threads from this forum that would give the HC OP some merit.

Not really, it just that sometimes the old adage that there are no stupid questions, just stupid people is confirmed....
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

So this guy comes along to a forum, first time poster, and starts this thread, see? And what happens? He's treated with total respect, and gets really good answers to his question.

Gee, somehow he's gotten by without any of this alleged hazing "one must endure." I wonder why that is.

So this guy comes along to a forum, first time poster, and starts this thread, see? And what happens? He's treated with total respect, and gets really good answers to his question.

Gee, somehow he's gotten by without any of this alleged hazing "one must endure." I wonder why that is.

Yep. I remember lots of new people since I began my brief time here that started off by making intelligent and relevant contributions with no such hazing. (Aidan, SK, Dave Ferris, 80s LZ, Cygnus come immediately to mind). Furthermore, many a noob dropping a 'Which Keyb is best?' thread will often get a very helpful response explaining why such a question should be searched for, how to search for it and 'welcome to the forum'.

The forum is a microcosm of hardworking and old school gigging musicians who have seen thousands of gigging and practicing hours and know and love their gear. Thus things seem to go best when you come in here with an appreciation and respect of that fact.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

As a (relatively) new member of this forum I have to say I've been contradicted, corrected, and, occasionally, ridiculed but never hazed. :) Although there are one or two here who refuse to suffer fools gladly, new members appear to me to be welcomed and treated quite well.

People come here looking for information and find it in spades. Some members of this forum can be quite direct and plain-spoken and will not hesitate to tell people things they may not want to hear, like: there are no shortcuts, do the work, find a teacher, look it up, and you're wrong! I consider that kind of honesty a kindness.

Instrumentation is meaningless - a song either stands on its own merit, or it requires bells and whistles to cover its lack of adequacy, much less quality. - kanker

Man.

That other forum is still down. (4:05 PM, Raleigh time)

If this happened here, some of you would have the delirium tremens so bad you might even resort to...

http://psicologia.laguia2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/el-delirium-tremens.jpg

Yeah. :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Man.

That other forum is still down. (4:05 PM, Raleigh time)

It doesn't look good. If you follow the link from their "scheduled maintenance" message to their twitter twits, you'll notice that scheduled maintenance was really urgent maintenance which became emergency maintenance before it spilled over into day two.

--wmp

+1000000 to this entire thread and KC. Joining this forum was one of the best things I could've done at this stage of my life and my musical career. I've gotten advice on everything I wanted, been able to contribute what little I had without any real problems and learnt more about gear, playing, the music industry and great artists than I could imagine. You guys are fantastic.

Archived