Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Korg Mini NanoKey?

Fusker

Looking for a stocking stuffer for myself. Anyone been using this for a while? Sounds like it would be pretty cool for the office or when traveling.
Steinway L, Yamaha Motif XS-8, NE3 73, Casio PX-5S, iPad, EV ZLX 12-P ZZ(x2), bunch of PA stuff.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Korg Nano series is great.

The Akai looks a bit thicker, so it depends on what you're going to use it for and the carrying space you have. The Korg Nanos easily fit in the space in many laptop bags.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

The Korg Nano series is great.

The Akai looks a bit thicker, so it depends on what you're going to use it for and the carrying space you have. The Korg Nanos easily fit in the space in many laptop bags.

Indeed, size is the reason some folks still opted for the Korgs instead of the Akai.

The Nano fits in front of my Acer netbook perfectly, but playing-wise the Akai wins hands down.

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

Avoid the nanokey. It's not a real keyboard (black keys are no higher than white keys), and the keys themselves tend to break.

I had read about the broken key thing in online reviews, but bought one anyway, I have a light touch. I babied the thing in transit. Key broke anyway.

The akai is sturdier and has a real 3-d keyboard.

Archived