Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Guitar Player Magazine Back Issues

dilver

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I have been buying GP for 35 years or so, and never throw them out - move over, Homer and Langley, LOL!

I probably have the issue you are interested in, and might be willing to copy an article or two for you. I can't promise immediate delivery or anything, especially since the magazines are not stacked in any particular order.

I hope this is OK with GP staff - I'm not trying to violate any copyrights or anything like that.

I'm specifically looking for a Gear Review for the Danelectro DC-3. This guitar came out in '98 and was produced through 2001, so the GP issue must be from '98 or '99? If anyone would be willing to scan and send to me, I'd really appreciate it!

Thx!!!!

I have just sorted through all my GP mags and would like to sell my collection. If you would like to buy back issues, let me know which ones you are looking for & I'll see if I have them. I have most of '95, all of '96-'99, all but 1 of 2000 & 2001, all of '02, '03, '04, & Jan-June of '05. I also have several from the 70's & 80's.

Thanks bobm! I've narrowed it down to three issues:

- July 2001 - Bitchin' Bargain Electrics

- December 2001 - 50 Fabulous Gear Deals Under $250

- May 2002 - New Gear 2002

Again, looking for the review of the Danelectro DC3.

Many thanks!!!

dilver,

seems like that your post has helped, hope you find the reviews/issues. I have seen on occasion back issues of Guitar Player on eBay (as well as other guitar magazines) I am a Danelectro Fan myself and used to keep all of my magazines until it got out of control and took the newer ones to give away at a local guitar/gear shop that a friend managed. ?? of interest

I do have (some) original Danelectro guitar and pedal brochures (color) some that fold up real small and cover all the Korean Re-issues and

the metal pedals (Dan-Echo, Fabtone, etc and a larger one that has the guitars/baritones and both have the DC-3, while not reviews they are ads (out of print) the smaller one is in fine condition and the larger one has a small crease, I still have the box's for 3 metal cased Danelectro effects(and the effects) so ? maybe more small copies (that fold out like a map several folds etc)(will check) I think I have some small Danelectro bumper stickers as well. My only regret was (out of all the guitars I have had bought and sold and still have was selling a Limo Black Danelectro U3, i sold it figuring I could always get another ..

now they are made in China and quality is not the same I ordered a 63 reissue Baritone and even put a deposit down and after several delays the shipment came in and I got a email that the entire shipment was poor quality and they could not honestly sell or ship the guitars/bass's or baritone's (these were the first Chinese made reissues) I never ordered or attempted to buy a made in China one again but keep my eyes out for a limo black U3! (last known place South Dakota! via eBay !) oh well

not sure what I am saying about the Dano advertising , copies would be hard, if i find duplicates may consider a sale if that would be of interest, I have held on to them this long!

Peace

ambienttales

ambienttales

Circuit-Bending

Gibson Blueshawk

Epiphone Elitist '57 Goldtop

Line 6 Variax 500 & Workbench

Atomic Reactor Amp

Podxt

Vox Tonelab

Adrennalinn 111

E-H SMMH

E-H 2880&FC

Seynour Duncan Shape-Shifter

eMac

P.S.

Check with http://danguitars.com ? they may have copies of the article and there are quite a few Danelectro sites (I am sure you are aware of that) I saw a "real" U3 for sale at Mikes Music (2 shops Cinci, Oh and in Kentucky) He advertised it in Vintage Guitar and saw it on his web site quite cool and quite expensive!

If I ever went vintage Silvertone/Dano I would get a Silvertone Amplifier

(Head and Large Cab ? 4x10 or 4x12 or I have seen 6 speaker cabs

as well, ? original, (Guess its time to buy Neptune Bound by Nathan Daniels son)

Ambienttales

ambienttales

Circuit-Bending

Gibson Blueshawk

Epiphone Elitist '57 Goldtop

Line 6 Variax 500 & Workbench

Atomic Reactor Amp

Podxt

Vox Tonelab

Adrennalinn 111

E-H SMMH

E-H 2880&FC

Seynour Duncan Shape-Shifter

eMac

• 4 weeks later...
In this regard, there's a service attached to the Univ. of MI at Ann Arbor that stores & provides reprints of old periodical material & most libraries not only keep back issues of their periodicals for some time but have them put onto micro-film or micro-fiche for longer storage.
d=halfnote

Archived