Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The War on Christmas returns. . .

reidmc

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, I'm sorry, maybe I didn't dig deep enough, but aren't these all legitimate christmas songs by pop/rock artists? Please explain.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Is the OP's intent a political statement, or is he just commenting and making a joke about crappy Christmas/holiday music?

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Why is this a war on Christmas? I did preview the Halford disk, and while I'm not a big fan of his music, I thought his treatment was a very honest, interesting interpretation that followed the original author's intentions while staying true to his style. His vocals on "O Holy Night" were actually quite good.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

I'm pretty sure that's my buddy Bobby Jarzombek playing drums on the Halford CD. Bobby is a San Antonio native who's recently moved back here. In addition to being a monster metal and prog rock drummer, he plays very authentic country. I'll bet even Steve Nathan would be impressed!

I've been a fan of monster fan of Rob Halford since I first heard Screaming for Vengeance in 1982. Indeed, on my then-girlfriend's 18th birthday in August 1987, I took her to a Judas Priest concert. Was it because she loved Judas Priest? Uh, no. It was because, girlfriend's 18th birthday or not, that was the day that Priest was coming to town, and there was no way in hell that I would miss the show.

That woman is now my wife of 16 years, and for the past 15 of those 16 years it has been a tradition in our house for me to buy my wife a holiday CD as a stocking stuffer at Christmas. Guess which holiday CD I'll be buying this year.... ;):thu:

Noah

Archived