Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT ... does this suggestion for browsers have merit?

Dave Horne

I just posted a suggestion to FireFox for their browser but this suggestion would apply to all browsers.

I would like the Back button to have an option where instead of going back to the last page I visited, it goes instead to my last action (which is usually a folder in my Favorite\Bookmarks folders) ... or have the Back function include all actions and not just last visited pages.

So many times I go to Bookmarks where I have hundreds of sites categorized, click on the site I want and then click on Back half expecting to go back to those folders.

Just me ... or is this a suggestion that has merit?

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't know if you've tried it yet or not, but I'm very happy with the tabbed browser Iron (and it is very handy to run in incognito mode for safety), and it has a pane on the right that contains your last actions... don't know if it would do what you want in the way that you want it, but as a browser to visit my commonly visited sites, NOTHING is as fast or convenient.

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Bill, I downloaded that Iron browser and if there's a 'back to last action' (as opposed to 'back to last page', it escaped me.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Bill, I downloaded that Iron browser and if there's a 'back to last action' (as opposed to 'back to last page', it escaped me.

Ads I said, I don't know if it will do what you wanted or not, but under 'recent bookmarks' is 'recently closed'. I wondered if a recently closed bookmark or folder would appear. Also, look in the tools and setup section, I think that this is where 'incognito' is located. And try it for a while... it is so much faster than most other browsers. It does have some quirkiness and kinks, but for most of my usage, these do not pose a problem.

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Archived