Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Turning 40 is HELL...

ITGITC

http://www.tlhenry.com/photos/richmond/ProfD2a.jpg

Blueskeys & ProfD at a Richmond Mid-Atlantic Keyboard Corner Meetup.

Let's wish ProfD a Happy Birthday, as TODAY he's trying really hard to make an easy transition to MIDDLE AGE... and it's not going so well. :rolleyes:

He could use our support and perhaps some choice words of wisdom to help him through it.

Everyone - Please help me in wishing our friend and fellow forumite (the old guy) a HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

OK, I'll start.

http://www.chiptin.com/images/longev1.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ProfD!

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Happy bday Professor.... I hope you get some, I hope you get some, on your birthday....... oh yea family oriented... cake and ice cream..... yea that's right

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Happy birthday ProfD! Your spirit is a great one to have here.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

"Life begins at forty."

Middle age is the period of time when you've achieved enough wisdom and experience to kind of know what you're doing, and you still have enough energy and drive leftover from youth to implement what you've learned.

Welcome to the club, my friend! :cool:

HaPpY BiRtHdAy, ProfD!!!

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Thanks Tom and to everyone for the b-day wishes. :thu:

First and foremost, 40 is not the new 30. :rolleyes:

My biggest issue with turning 40 comes down to several things.

One is the damsel business is a different game. ;)

*If* I decide to tote a 25 yo, I'll get the dirty old man looks.

Sticking with 40 and up, they want to review my stock portfolio, offshore accounts, property holdings, etc. By date #2, they want marriage. :)

While I feel great physically, that knowledge, wisdom and experience is a blessing and curse.

I'm wise enough to "know better" in avoiding life IEDs but I'm also less inclined to take reasonable risks.

As a result, an armored guard has to bring my money before I'll move my gear and/or play the same tired tunes with musos on autopilot. :D

I imagine these *issues* will sort themselves out before I *really* get old and jaded and/or have to rely on performance ehancement. :laugh:

Thanks again for the well wishes. KC rocks. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I'll keep it keyboard oriented. From age one to forty, life is like pushing a grand piano slowly up a big hill. After forty, it all goes downhill quickly!

Hope you have yourself a fine one! Congrats on the attainment of this venerable age.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Archived