Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How to make a strap-on KB look even more awkward

MonksDream

I am amused by the fact that the demos are separated by the style of music...as if someone would watch one of the videos and say, "Well, yeah...you can play Superstition on it, but I bet you can't play lounge music on it!!"

Apparently, you can't play country on it. No video for that.

Apparently you can't play Superstition in the original key on it either...
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm thinking that whole thing was pretty unnecessary and makes me ask why?
Yamaha C7 Grand, My Hammonds: '57 B3, '54 C2, '42 BC, '40 D, '05 XK3 Pro System, Kawai MP9000, Fender Rhodes Mk I 73, Yamaha CP33, Motif ES6, Nord Electro 2, Minimoog Voyager & Model D, Korg MS10

Tusker hit it on the head for me...the le' key looks great,

We never got the linc here and sure would not get the french le' key....but it sure looks the part...

but being wood was it heavy?...

The roland AX1 wins with lightweight, just sold mine during the year, the Casio AZ1 that I've just started to muck with is heavier than the roland but more versitile than the roland...

Regards the numotion...somehow it has that...dejavu factor for me...as a kid you could buy those lolly / candy teeth...it just seems to smile at me...hee hee...i just want to gobble it up....

I can imagine having numerous ones of these around me wrapping me head to toe in keys...then burying me in them...a sort of keyboardist time capsule...but then again..I am strange!

And as a windsurfer it reminds me of something i could use for kite surfing, just connect a few lines and off you go...mind you though as a windsurfer the kite surfers are the enemy..so iguess i should look on this as a negative..

so there you go ..why i like it...

no no....thats not why... its for having the guts to build something different....I wanna' try one...gimme gimme.

I played the new Roland keytar in a store today.

Wow.

The synth engine is incredible. Maybe a little lacking in features, but the sound is awesome.

But damn, is that thing a bugger to play. My back hurt when I was done. :P

..And the Roland has straight keys. :freak:

smcd

was curious about its weight because of it being a synth with a neck...how heavy is it do you think?

the reason i sold my AX1 was to cash in on the high price just as this new one was about to hit the streets...I figured it would be very heavy.

SMcD said.."And the Roland has straight keys."

as Jerry would say "not that there is anything wrong with that."

It's not particularly heavy. Can't be more than 15 pounds. It's not heavy enough for you to "feel" it, at the very least.

The reason it was so uncomfortable for me was in its very design. I tried playing it standing up, but I found the keys to be too far away from me. The only way I could make it work was by either sitting down or assuming a sumo-stance, which kind of defeats the purpose anyway.

Archived