Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

57pbass

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha! And I don't even have to cook....much.

Having dinner at a friend's house. His brother in law is a chief; that means he's a better cook than I.

We are bringing cranberry sauce. I usually make it with jalapeno and pineapple. For a twist, I substituted mango for the pineapple. Nice idea, but the pineapple is better. And we're bringing truffles. The ones with brandy turned out much better than the ones with vanilla cream and coffee.

And wine. I'm bringing cab; damn the Gewurztraminer.

Ha! You're a Gewurztraminer. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

Happy Thanksgiving all. I know I have more to be thankful for every year. My wonderful family, good friends, a job, a house, some gear and fairly steady gigs. My car sucks, but you can't have everything, right.

We're hosting my in-laws this weekend. We're doing Thanksgiving with a twist. The turkey will be brined, the potatoes will be the sweet variety, the green beans will have bacon, the stuffing will be corn bread, and the pie is apple butter pumpkin. All dairy free.

Doing something new this year -- deep frying a turkey.

Hoping to not immolate myself in the process.

Oh, be sure to have the video rolling just in case!

....and brined turkey is prep time very well spent. Even the breast meat comes out tasty. You'll like it so much that you'll end up brining all poultry and most pork.

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!!

A bit of an odd one here in S.FLA...

Daughter is moving to Maine next week (she's lived in S.FLA for 18 of her <20 years), but will be here any minute now. I asked her what she wanted for dinner.

When she was younger and lived with me I (occasionally) made her a Turkey BLT for lunchs at (elementary and middle) school. She hasn't had one since. She asked for Turkey BLTs tonight.

Roasted up a Butterball turkey breast, cooked up some bacon and sliced up some tomatoes and shredded some lettuce.

Not quite your typical Turkey/sweet potatoes/cranberry/etc dinner but...

...it'll be a while before I see her again and I'd rather send her off to the great NE with a favorite memory than make her something she doesn't particularly care for.

Thankful for the opportunity to be here and share. That applies to family as well as forumites.

Happy Thanksgiving to all, especially Dano and tnb (whom I had the distinct pleasure of sharing lunch and watching him add some much needed mojo to my basses here this past week [my Roscoes never sounded so good after!!] Thanks), and to the rest of you here at the forum.

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

Happy Bird day to all!

Paul K, with your friend's brother being an indian (chief) you can reinact the pilgram and indian thing. LOL

Wally

Doh! Another spell check casualty! That's right up there with when I misspelled that city in Korea.....

Had a small celebration this year, only five of us. It was a nice time though, and more leftovers to share among fewer people. Wohoo! Happy belated T-Day buoys and gulls.

Visit my band's new web site.

www.themojoroots.com

Daughter is moving to Maine next week...
Whereabouts in Maine is she going to be, JB? We'd be happy to help her with local info, etc., to get oriented if she needs it.

We had a nice dinner, just 5 of us, including Ron, my guitar player. My wife and I raised a nice big turkey for 6 months for Thanksgiving, but last Friday it got into the road a killed, which made me angry and disappointed, but we bought a bird that was pretty good. Not as good as ours would have been, but good.

We then played our usual Thursday night jam, which was better attended than I expected it would be. A nice day, all in all.

Happy Bird day to all!

Paul K, with your friend's brother being an indian (chief) you can reinact the pilgram and indian thing. LOL

Wally

Doh! Another spell check casualty! That's right up there with when I misspelled that city in Korea.....

Don't feel bad, Paul, it's actually spelled "reenact"... :D

I had about 15 people over for the holiday. In our family the "traditional" food is only about half of the offerings. You can't have Thanksgiving without lasagna. The downside, I haven't really been able to eat anything besides crackers for the past five days. But at least I was able to be in the presence of food without getting the heaves.
If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

Daughter is moving to Maine next week...
Whereabouts in Maine is she going to be, JB? We'd be happy to help her with local info, etc., to get oriented if she needs it.

Hey Chad -

She's moving to Auburn (I suppose you could call that south-central Maine?) with her boyfriend. His entire family is up there and have been bugging him to move back. They've planned it out pretty well - place to live and jobs waiting for them when they get there.

I suppose the biggest difference for her to deal with, besides the weather, will be the pace of life. She's looking forward to it, and I think it'll be easier at her age now than later on.

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

The jam we host is right across the Androscoggin River from Auburn, in Lewiston; in fact, the area is referred to as "L/A," or " the Lewiston/Auburn area." Of course, she won't be able to get in for a bit longer, drinking age is 21 here, but, yeah, it's only about 45 min. from me. If she likes rockin' roadhouse music have her keep an eye on www.poke-chop.com... :D

Thanks Chad, if I get the opportunity to use that word again I'll get it right.

Wally

Happy Bird day to all!

Wally

Don't feel bad, Paul, it's actually spelled "reenact"... :D
I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

Archived