Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Pianist Pascal Roge - in North Carolina

MoodyBluesKeys

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been a long time fan of PR. I love those Poulenc discs he made in the 80s for London/Decca. He's also a great Classical/Baroque interpreter. I have a disc were he plays Scarlatti that is terrific.

Fortunately he's in a position to do this. He's not a huge name in this country although most people that follow the music and pianists in general know who he is. I'm sure he's more popular in Europe and does pretty well, but still very generous of him.

Bravo Pascal!

https://soundcloud.com/dave-ferris

2005 NY Steinway D

Yamaha AvantGrand N3X, P-515

He continues with: "It's being on stage doing what I like. It's a pleasure. Of course you have to make a living. Bud ideally, concerts are about love of the music and love for the audience. It's nice to be able, for once, to do a concert for the real reason."

Seems to make sense to me - He usually treats it as a profession, in the sense of making a living. Based on the following paragraph, he is probably making enough on the rest of the appearances of his tour to make a living: "The symphony agreed to pick up the airfare from the couple's home in New York and hotel expenses. Symphony officials would not discuss Rogé's fee, but typically someone of his standing would be paid a fee of high four figures or low five figures."

I would expect that these concerts are scheduled quite well in advance - maybe he would not have picked up another gig during the time he will be in N.C. However, he could have chosen to just stay home. His concerts are right in the time period of our church Christmas musical, or I'd likely make the 100 or so mile each way trip to hear the concert.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Archived