Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Brubeck meets Radiohead (mashup)

Mike Davis

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um....

I'm not against mashups per se, but this one sounds a bit gratuitous to my ears, if fascinating in places. At some points, the take five chords really fight with the justaposed song. In fact, I would have enjoyed the whole thing more with no Brubeck snippets at all.

In fact, I would have enjoyed the whole thing more with no Brubeck snippets at all.

Ditto. In fact, I find this is my reaction to nearly every mashup I've ever heard. Once the gimmick of the mashup wears off (which is usually quickly in my case), I find them mildy annoying, with each piece of music distracting in some way from the other. Indeed, I think if people really wanted to hear music that sounds like mashups, then other people would write music that way. Alas, they don't. And for good reason, in my view.

Call me close-minded.

Noah

think if people really wanted to hear music that sounds like mashups, then other people would write music that wayAlas, they don't.

What about this? When I first heard this, I thought 'oh no - mashups going mainstream'.

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8UVyk5-EVQ

I'm just saying', everyone that confuses correlation with causation eventually ends up dead.

Archived