Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I just dropped a load of...

hookie

...cash at Sweetwater for a XK3c, expression pedal, (2) K10's, another kb stand, various cables and other stuff. Now the wait - should get it later this week. I was thinking about the K10's, K12's and many other of the 'better' alternatives out there. My guy at Sweetwater 'guaranteed' me I'd love the K10's over my JBL G2 Eons. I was still skeptical, so he said he was so sure that he'd eat the return shipping if I didn't like them and wanted to return them. We'll see if the K10's live up to all the hype...

I know I'll like the XK3c because I play one at church, but the K10's?? I'm still skeptical. I'll let you know what I think of them when compared directly with the EONS at home and at gigs.

Aah...temporary GAS relief!

Yamaha C2, Yamaha MODX7, Hammond SK1, Hammond XK-5 Heritage Pro System, Korg Kronos 2 61, Yamaha CP4, Kurzweil PC4-7, Nord Stage 3 73, Nord Wave 2, QSC 8.2, Motion Sound KP 210S,  Key Largo, etc…yeah I have too much…

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never tried the Eons. I went from a pair of Mackie 350's, to a Traynor K4, to a pair of JBL PRX512's (returned quickly due to that noise gate issue cutting off sustained notes), to a pair of QSC K10's. I'm finally completely satisfied with my sound. They are fantastic and I hope you have the same experience. Get the bags too.

Congrats on the new toys!

Congrats! on the XK3c, I love mine!! Also, I ended up returning the K8s and staying with the EVs. K8s seemed stressed under higher volume. Hopefully the K10s will serve you well.....
Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Sounds like fun, and cool of the Sweetwater rep to give you that "guarantee." Let us know what you think of the K10s, I'm especially curious how they compare to the EONs.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

BTW, why did you specifically pick the K10s, and are your EONs 10s or 15s?

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived