Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

FAB FAUX Saturday in Chicago (The Vic)

Tonysounds

Whether youre a Beatlemaniac or not, this show is a must see for any musician. I saw them last year, and was blown away. Will Lee (Bassist, Letterman show) and Jimmy Vivino (guitarist, Conan OBriens show) front this 5 piece, all of whom sing (drummer is unbelievable vocalist and colorist), and they are using the expanded line up again here in Chicago with a 4piece horn section and string section and harpist (not harmonica). Last year Rick Nielsen of Cheap Trick was a special guest.

Tomorrows show is the White Album in its entirety. These guys are sick, pay loving devotion to every sonic detail of this music (down to triangles), and the keyboardist/guitarist/vocalist uses a great low-fi rig (Electro for Wurlies, analog CX3 for organs, and SG1 Grand for piano) proving its not the gear, but the player. They dont wear costumes, they just play the music.

Tickets are cheap, and last I heard it was buy 4 get 6 tickets. If youre going, let me know!

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My brother in law is in Chicago. I'll have to tell him about this. I've always wanted to see them in NYC but my travel schedule never works with their infrequent show dates. Probably not as easy for them to schedule shows with Will Lee still in NYC and Jimmy Vivino now in LA.

Archived