Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Warwick bass 5 streamer 1 pickup

PRS MAN

i am looking at a warwick streamer with a single pick up, i have played a streamer 5 string with two pickups but nnot the single pick up, it is a 5 string tho, and i like that i want to know how they sound to a 2 pickup bass,

_____DISCIPLE_ROCKS_____

PAUL REED SMITH GUITARS 4 EVER

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i am looking at a warwick streamer with a single pick up, i have played a streamer 5 string with two pickups but nnot the single pick up, it is a 5 string tho, and i like that i want to know how they sound to a 2 pickup bass,

Translation please?

That is asking a bit much. I only made it through Volume I of Rosetta Stone's Incoherent.

PRS MAN, you may consider editing your original post. Use punctuation, spell check, and read it aloud before you finalize it. If English is a second language, we will have all kinds of patience with you.

It's okay -- I speak Vague.

I believe he's asking how the one-pickup Warwick Streamer sounds compared to the two-pickup model.

Presumably the one-PU bass he is interested in is not available for him to try -- perhaps it's an eBay or other type of online deal. So he's looking for guidance from anyone familiar with both models.

"Tours widely in the southwestern tip of Kentucky"

I am looking at a Warwick Streamer with a single pick up.

I have played a Streamer 5 string with two pickups but not one with the single pick up. It is a 5 string though, and I like that.

I want to know how they sound compared to a 2 pickup bass

There you go. Amazing the difference a couple of words, some punctuation and carriage returns makes!!!

Too bad young folks these days think that text-language is a suitable substitution for communication.

:D

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Yes that seems to be what he's asking. To answer his question, assuming woods used for the different models is the same, it will sound the pretty much the same as a 2 pickup streamer with one of the pickups turned off.

Lydian mode? The only mode I know has the words "pie ala" in front of it.

http://www.myspace.com/theeldoradosband

.To answer his question, assuming woods used for the different models is the same, it will sound the pretty much the same as a 2 pickup streamer with one of the pickups turned off.

Not exactly. I have a Streamer Pro-M. It is a four string bass with a Music-man sized pickup in the Music-man location. However, it is actually two jazz pickups in a single housing. Each pickup has its own treble/bass EQ and there is a master volume and pan.

The pickup difference is nuance, though. Overall, the basses sounded rather similar.

I've found that basses with a single pickup tend to have more focus in the midrange and punch really well because of this. However, this also depends on the kind of pickup and the configuration of the electronics. getz76's Streamer Pro-M is a great example of that point (I love those basses man!).

To that same point, I've found that a bass with two pickups will generally have a more broad response, giving more tonal options.

So really, the tone you want should determine the number of pickups on the bass because aside from the construction method (neck-thru and bolt-on) and the woods used, the pickups are the next big tonal attributor. A "safe" way of trying this without playing the one pickup bass is to get the two pickup version and try playing through the bridge pickup. This will give you a general idea. Then again, you could just go for the gusto and order the bass (just kidding...) :)

Josh Senic

Session Bassist

Pocket Grooves

Laying Down The Low End

http://www.wix.com/pocketgroovesgso/official

Archived