Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mac vs PC

grego

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1, those Rain systems are badASS. They make the only quad-core laptop that I'm aware of. If you can afford to buy a Macbook, use that $ to get a Rain Livebook instead.

HP also makes a quad-core laptop. I bought one a few months ago with dual 360GB drives and 18" screen. Around $1000 less than the closest MacBookPro.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

PS: Notice the absence of follow-up by the OP.

I think we were all baited into what was supposed to turn into a flame-fest.

I often wonder the same thing when someone with a handful of posts starts up this topic as was the case here.

Godzilla vs. Mothra

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

I'll tell you one thing that is far, far superior on the Mac: the display.

I recently switched to a Macbook Pro for my development tasks, and find the display to be incredible.

After years of looking at Windows displays that manage to be both blurry and jaggy at the same time, I find I can dial the screen resolution WAY up and these old eyes can read much smaller fonts without tiring.

Moe

---

Where's all this Macimosity coming from? :) (animosity+Mac)

I'll tell you one thing that is far, far superior on the Mac: the display.

Yep. I don't know if you have their new screen, but the new iMac has a new LED screen with resolution higher than HD, and a new multi-touch wireless mouse/wireless keyboard. And I thought the previous 24" LCD looked great.

Windows has a font smoothing feature as well, and it may not have been enabled. When I discovered that setting in Windows XP, at any rate, it was not, so I'd assume it's not by default (for some reason).

Macs have traditionally had the edge in the display department overall, though, I'll grant that. That's why everyone in graphic design, video production, etc, uses Macs. The gap is much smaller now, however, especially since Apple and PC manufacturers are mostly using the same graphics chipsets.

Pepsi sucks
Do you want to spend the rest of your life selling sugared water or do you want a chance to change the world?

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Pepsi sucks
Do you want to spend the rest of your life selling sugared water or do you want a chance to change the world?

sugared water

Legend has it that Steve Jobs said that to John Sculley when he was convincing him to leave Pepsi to run Apple.

Nice connection there, Joe :)

Nice connection there, Joe :)
:D

Your prize is in the mail.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Tribalism; that's all it is.

Why do so many humans feel compelled to "take sides"?

I think it's based on the fear of winding up on the wrong side in a battle to the death. Hence the anxiety, but the fear of winding up roadkill in the middle of the road.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

"It's the End of the World As We Know It" -- Michael Stipe

The original lyrics were better than the ones above. :-)

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Ginger or Mary Ann?

Bailey or Jennifer?

Jeannie or Samantha?

I've said this before here and I'll say it again:

Ginger and Mary Ann

Instrumentation is meaningless - a song either stands on its own merit, or it requires bells and whistles to cover its lack of adequacy, much less quality. - kanker

Archived