Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bone spur in my left shoulder...

Boggs

Some of you may know that I have had 3 different surgeries on my left shoulder as a result of a pretty nasty injury... Well, it has been getting worse again lately. I saw the surgeon's P.A. (DAMN, is she ever attractive!) today and got it re-X-Rayed and it shows a bone spur definitely getting bigger along with more arthritic abnormalities. The head is actually quite mis-shapen from the impact and previous fracture/dislocation... The surgeon is out of town this week, but she is going to talk with him next week and get back to me as to whether we are (most likely) at a point of going in again and cleaning up the spur and the arthritis debris and inspecting for further degradation or whether (less likely but still possible) we just bite the bullet and replace the joint altogether. I guess at this point I'd be fine with either option. No mojo needed... I know how to heal and as it is a workman's comp, it will probably be dragged out another 6 months before anything could happen anyway...
Check out my Rock Beach Guitars page showing guitars I have built and repaired... http://www.rockbeachguitars.com

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boggs,

Sorry to hear that. Last week my surgeon shook his head and told me that I'd need another operation, too. We're kinda the Katzenjammer Kidz around here. Or maybe more like Steve Austin... yeah, thats it,,, the Six Million Dollar Guitar Players!

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

a friend of mine just had the same surgery on his shoulder, (not a replacement just a cleanup). He is doing well. After three weeks he is out of the sling, but can not pick up anything heavy (over 5 lb) for another 6 weeks.

2 of my musical buds are having the same shoulder problemo's...good luck to Boggs and Bill....my shoulder joints are hurten but not bad enough to go to the doc just yet....

I'm not a doctor, I don't play one on TV and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night but the time to go see the doctor might be before it gets "bad enough". Sounds like you arer like me and only go to the doctor when you can't stand the pain anymore. Maybe something could be done if whatever it is gets addressed early. Just a thought.

2 of my musical buds are having the same shoulder problemo's...good luck to Boggs and Bill....my shoulder joints are hurten but not bad enough to go to the doc just yet....

I'm not a doctor, I don't play one on TV and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night but the time to go see the doctor might be before it gets "bad enough". Sounds like you arer like me and only go to the doctor when you can't stand the pain anymore. Maybe something could be done if whatever it is gets addressed early. Just a thought.

Hey thanks for the concern GA...yes, I do go to the doc on a regular basis and at the same time try to avoid them as much as possable...some of the joint pain is from old injuries as I've thrown my right shoulder out twice and had to go to PT...plus getting old doesn't help...if it gets bad I'll consider going under the knife but will hold out as long as I can on the shoulder and back pains...

Take care, Larryz

Archived