Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Solo disc coming in December (no Hammond and not jazz!)

Jim Alfredson

This is a beautiful collection with as much variety as a typical hour of "Hearts in Space", yet it's all one artist!

I miss that program since my car radio died in February, and this album formed the perfect soundtrack to a mellow Xmas Eve, winding down from five months of 60-100 hour work weeks.

But don't be fooled -- there is power lurking beneath, and I hear as much Prog Rock and even 80's Synth Pop and some Jazz Fusion as I do the relaxing ostinatos and soundscapes of Ambient music.

The packaging is luscious; the liner notes very thoughtful and moving; and the production is top-notch (polished, even, professional, but very organic and spontaneous all at once).

I imagine I will do a similar project when my own father passes on. Hopefully that will still be a ways away, in spite of his Leukemia. He too is a fan of Hearts in Space, even though overall he is strictly Classical and some Jazz. I may play this for him the next time I visit. It definitely soothes the soul and helps one to find a place of peace within.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...
Man, I dig the way your made. Rippin 'off the cuff' blues on a hammond at night and composing a tribute album for your dad through the day! Thats doing it right. I would love a copy of your cd. I did one for my father as well. He was my musical mentor, genious, and best friend. I did a cd with all the tunes he used to like to play, all the songs I cut my teeth on. How can I get a copy of yours? Thanks for your time.
"A good mix is subjective to one's cilia." http://hitnmiss.yolasite.com

Thanks, man! It was a really personal project that I was not planning on releasing beyond family and friends, but I'm glad I did. I'm very proud of it.

You can order it here:

http://www.big-o-records.com/zen-cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=20

Enter the code "keyboard101" for $5 off any order at the site. A special promo for my Keyboard Forum brethren! :)

Archived