Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fender Jaguar Bass

jeremy c

It looks like the Jaguar is being discontinued. Musicians Friend is now selling them as a closeout items for less than they were priced when they first came out.

And now there are four color choices instead of just two.

I'm going to go look in the couch and under the seats of the car and see if I can find $600 in loose change. Wish me luck!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It has a Geddy Lee sized neck and pups, no BAII Bridge and active electronics. Pups switch on or off, no individual volumes, and has series/parallel switch. Overallv very very versatile. Some have problems with noise but a quick fix of lifting the pickguard and adding copper tape between the cavities seems to fix this for most people.

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

Knobs and switches?

They are:

2 On/Off slide switches (one for each pickup)

1 Series/Parallel slide switch (when both pickups are on)

Master Volume, Master Tone knobs

Preamp Treble Control Wheel, Preamp Bass Control Wheel, Preamp On/Off slide switch

Peace.

--SW

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

I was cool with all the knobs and switches on this bass in the studio, but there's no way I'd want to deal with all that stuff onstage.

Too many variables means too many potential chances for the instrument to go kerplooey in the live performace area. I would take this bass with just one knob on it. It should be set up to do everything, be marked "Awesome" and be stuck at 10.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Its dead simple what you do with knobs & switchs - all on all full up all the time!!

Not on a Jag. All full on the peamp wheels = gastly. For me, it's series mode, passsive tone dimed, and up about 1/3rd on the active bass wheel, none on the active treble. (these are boost only, BTW)

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

I like the looks of that Big Al bass. I don't have that kind of money around now. It's probably a good thing that I haven't seen one in a store yet. I suspect (hope?) that the neck profile is too big.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Archived