Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Thread Hijack or Derailment

ProfD

I've only been here for a few years but I'd like to know when it's OK to hijack or derail a thread. ;)

I just figured once a reasonable amount of info on the best in $200 KBs has been provided, that thread is fair game.

Same goes for the slobber-fest over KBs and other stuff that hasn't been released yet.

Beyond the speculation and pics, it is hard to let a thread die especially when folks are complaining about a KB action they haven't touched yet. :D

If all threads remained cut and dry, this would be one boring a** forum. :rolleyes:

Feel free to elucidate the proper protocol regarding the natural course of a thread.

Otherwise, I may be inclined to board it like a 747 with a 6 oz can of aerosol spray. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think threads can be of all-natural ingredients, such as flax or cotton or hemp; chemically produced (eg Dacron, Nylon, various acrylics) or a mix. For more information on threads, you might try a textile forum; for derailment, there are numerous train buffs; and for hijacking, well, I am sure there are many sites you could explore, provided you do so from a secure location.

Hope that helps.

Oh--speaking of shrimp, I was thinking while watching the Dodgers play the Yankees that with those red shin guards and chest guard, the Dodger catcher looks surprisingly like a lobster, or maybe a very large shrimp. Not sure what textile is used in the uniforms, though.

Your mileage may vary.

Shrimp and blue cheese sounds horrible. I would not subject a prawn to such a thing.

I'm also going to pass on the hemp threads simply because I don't want the drummer smoking my jacket.

I should be careful about the hijacking thing too. I'm flying to Orlando this week. Don't want any extra weight on my arms.

This is great stuff. Let's keep it going. Could be a great thread about absof'inglutely nothing. :laugh:

At least it will get post counts up. :D:cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

We had a thread years ago that kept going and going ... or was it the other forum? It revolved around one member who had a studio but it was really just a small set up in his bedroom or something like that ... and he got called on it.

Does that ring a bell with anyone?

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Does that ring a bell with anyone?

Nope. One less bell to answer. :D

Prof, I'm real happy for you, and I'ma let you finish, but The Brett Domino Trio is the best band evah!

I bet they don't even have a KB player or play chords. :rolleyes:;)

I've heard frozen shrimp is usually fresher than fresh shrimp (bacteria-wise).

I saw something on Modern Marvel where bacteria can live in sub-artic temps. Don't be surprised to thaw a shrimp and that f'kr starts moving around. :laugh::cool:

PD

I saw something on Modern Marvel where bacteria can live in sub-artic temps. Don't be surprised to thaw a shrimp and that f'kr starts moving around. :laugh::cool:

People love shrimp, but if you went into the kitchen at 3:00am to get a drink of water and a whole whack of them ran under the fridge, nobody would be eating those suckers up.

At least not without garlic butter.

Hey I might make it to 4k on this thread.

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

Shrimp and blue cheese sounds horrible. I would not subject a prawn to such a thing.

W3rd.

I'm also going to pass on the hemp threads simply because I don't want the drummer smoking my jacket.

If you lived in CA, you wouldn't have that problem. :cool:

dB

Au contraire....they have 3 keyboard players!

http://tinyurl.com/yzqwpwz

But unless you count the guy on the left playing with two fingers, I don't think they play any chords.

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

Au contraire....they have 3 keyboard players!

Here is where my Horne moment shows up.

I can accept 2 full-time KB players i.e. separated by piano and organ.

But, this dedicated string, brass and noise-making, etc., KB player makes no sense.

A few weeks ago, I saw ONE KB player cover EVERY part in real-time. He was not an octopus. Ridiculously sick.

Considering CA's predilection for herbal inhalation, that could explain those benign forest fires. :laugh:

Of course, I do not take lightly the loss of life, property and basic ability to breathe during that time. :cool:

PD

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/funny-pictures-cat-pays-attention-to-shiny-thing.jpg

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Oh--speaking of shrimp, I was thinking while watching the Dodgers play the Yankees that with those red shin guards and chest guard, the Dodger catcher looks surprisingly like a lobster, or maybe a very large shrimp.

THOSE AREN'T THE DODGERS, YOU &^%&^$*&^#^%&^!

Those are the Angels. Of Anaheim. Not Los Angeles. That's Orange County and stuff. Do not be fooled by the name. Orange County is.. different... form Los Angeles County. Ask anyone who lives here, and they'll tell ya.

I try not to derail or hijack threads, unless they're my own. But I find that it doesn't matter much to me, usually. Unless someone thinks the Dodgers wear red. Then we have a problem.

I like shrimp, though. And cheese. But usually not together. I did have a fish taco the other night which was divine. you know that white sauce they put on fish tacos? I love that stuff. You know what else is good? The cucumber sauce (tzatziki) that they put on gyros. Mmmm! That is some tummy ass tasty stuff.

Don't ever confuse the Dodgers with the Angels again. It makes me sad. You wouldn't like me when I'm sad.

Archived