Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's the most famous bass line?

Mike19

Tried to catch up on the posts, but man, this thread is loaded.

If someone posted this already, slap me, but to me, the bass line (and tone) and Perry's voice 'are' the song: Journey - 'Don't Stop Believin'.

Which BTW, I heard said on the radio today, is the most downloaded song to date.

That's an odd song. Our guitarist suggested we play it last year. I couldn't remember it from the 80's, I think it was only a massive hit in the US. It turns out that it was played over the end of the finale of the Sopranos. Which I didn't watch anyway. :confused:

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think this one was mentioned, but I may have missed it. It's another one for us older guys, and is so simple, it was probably one of the first bass lines learned by any kid learning bass in the 60's or 70's, and was the identity of the song: Cream - 'Badge'.

Be grateful dude, that's how your generation got here, ya know what I mean?

Personally, I hope I was a chandelier baby.

Ask your parents, it should be an interesting evening.

"Let's see, if I recall your mother's leg was like this. Come on honey, let's show the boy. Now imagine, if I was to move too much to this side, my left cheek would obviously get burned by the lava lamp, and if she leaned too far, there'd be bongwater all over the ficus, so I had go like this....Oooo cramp, cramp ow ow...."

LOL!!! You made me spray coffee all over. Basterd... :laugh:

Right on, kenfxj! I knew thaqt I wasn't the only one who loved JJ's Friday. Graham Maby's style is underappreciated and fun as hell. If we're gonna go with famous, we'd have to go with the title cut from the "I'm the Man" album, however.

Glad that someone got around to Roundabout too. Given that sports are multi-generational, I would say that Another One Bites the Dust might be the most famous line of them all.

Founder of the G&L JB-2 Legion

I am the OP.

My thanks to everyone who responded.

Some notes:

1. I think all the famous bass lines were named.

2. A lot of personal favorites, but not really famous, lines were named. But it was fun remembering them.

3. My post did not specify that the bass line had to be played on any particular instrument or be from any specific music genre.

4. IMO, Beethoven's 5th is the most famous bass line, period.

"99 And 1/2 Just Won't Do"

Hmmm...who mentioned that one?

Probably some lame-o that couldn't wait to be the first to reply. I'm too busy to go back and check who that was though.

Excellent work Mike19, we need more people with your intellect around here.

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

Archived