Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New QSC K10

ewall08530

I just bought a QSC K10. I know a friend who can get them at cost so once I knew I wanted a small powered monitor/ pa speaker, it was an easy decision.

I've only done three gigs with it so far but I love it.

Gig #1 was a duo gig with a guitar player. Bose L1 as mains and the K10 for our monitor. Nice clean sound, but we weren't at any high volumes, for sure.

Gig #2 was a wedding ceremony. I played my Roland RD300 GX and backed a female vocalist. It was outdoors and all we used was the K10 on a table and a Berhinger mixer. Sounded very nice and I was pleased with the Superior piano (mono sample)thru the K10.

Gig #3 A 5 piece band in a big room. Direct outs from the Berhinger mixer to house PA. Monitor out to the K10. Just my keys (Roland piano, Nord Electro rack) in the K10 placed on the floor behind me a little to the left. I really loved the sound and had plenty of volume which is saying something because in the 3rd set the band and guitar player next to me can start getting louder than I like to be.

I'm now debating on keeping my Motion Sound KP200S or selling. Will take my time with that decision.

ewall.biz

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats on the new purchase. I just did a gig last week with a K12 as my monitor. Was plenty loud and and sounded great! I'm getting my hands on a pair soon.

Ian Benhamou

Keyboards/Guitar/Vocals

[url:https://www.facebook.com/OfficialTheMusicalBox/]The Musical Box[/url]

Would the bass response on the K10 be enough for gigs where you have to kick bass?

I, too, was going to ask that very same question. :idea:

Kinda scary, huh? :evil:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Would the bass response on the K10 be enough for gigs where you have to kick bass?

I've been using a K10 for a couple of months now, about a dozen gigs. It replaced an original US-made SRM450 that I've used for the last 9 years. I absolutely love the K10, both for its sound and its portability. I haven't done a LH bass gig with it yet, but from what I've heard so far it would hold up no problem for medium volume jazz/blues-type dates. I'm running a P90 and an NE3 through it and the pianos and organ sound great. Never once have I thought the low end was lacking. Several times already I have gotten that "holy crap, that sound is coming from that little speaker?" reaction from band members seeing it for the first time. The bass response seems to defy the stated specs, and I have never even tried the DEEP mode. I play in some pretty loud situations, too, including an 8-piece horn band and 4- and 5-piece rock bands. I was a little concerned that I'd wish I had gotten the K12, but now I am very glad that I went with the smaller K10.

HX3.5|NS3|NE5D73|NUMAX73|SP6|XK-1c|MOXF8|PX-5S|D1|Monologue|Wurli 200|K2vxS|M3|145|Hohner Concerto iii|Vent II|Key Largo|DZR10|K8.2's

It sounds like you're using one of them. Is that correct? Or, are you using a pair?

Right, just one. Put me in the kanker mono camp. ;)

HX3.5|NS3|NE5D73|NUMAX73|SP6|XK-1c|MOXF8|PX-5S|D1|Monologue|Wurli 200|K2vxS|M3|145|Hohner Concerto iii|Vent II|Key Largo|DZR10|K8.2's

I've not done any gigs playing LH bass yet with it. I do have one on Sunday and I'm going to try it then.

I did experiment a little on one of the early jobs and play a little LH bass and it sounded very good but this was short soundcheck at a duo gig at a lower volume so I wont know for sure until I do it in a full band situation. I'll keep you posted.

ewall.biz

Archived