Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Don't Want Your Son to be a DRUMMER? Then SHOOT HIM!

ITGITC

WHAT????? :laugh:

===============================

Dad, 83, accused of opening fire on drumming son

Posted: Oct. 16, 2009

SAN ANTONIO San Antonio police are investigating the wounding of a man after his elderly father allegedly opened fire when the victim refused to stop drumming. Police said the son, in his 50s, suffered a non-life threatening head wound early Friday while at the home the men share. Police said his 83-year-old father was detained on an aggravated assault charge.

Police said the son, who was grazed in the head, ran down the block to call for help.

San Antonio police did not immediately provide further details Friday to The Associated Press.

===============================

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wait, so this guy is only realizing now after 50 or so years that his son has only amounted to being a drummer? Maybe he should have shot himself for bad parenting. :laugh:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Is shooting drummers still a crime?
You mean it is or was somewhere?

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Is shooting drummers still a crime?
You mean it is or was somewhere?

He was only a drummer by day.

At night, he pulled out his accordian... ahem. :rolleyes::blush:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

So many stories lately about people in their 80's and 90's committing murder or attempting same.

Is this what we're in for, now that more people are living longer? Is this the price we pay for longer life-spans, that we become deranged in some way and revert to our childhood tendencies to "not play well with others"?

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Is this the price we pay for longer life-spans, that we become deranged in some way and revert to our childhood tendencies to "not play well with others"?
God, I hope so. I played a lot of doctor when I was a boy...
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

So many stories lately about people in their 80's and 90's committing murder or attempting same.

Is this what we're in for, now that more people are living longer? Is this the price we pay for longer life-spans, that we become deranged in some way and revert to our childhood tendencies to "not play well with others"?

It's the price we pay for (a) letting any idiot have a gun and (b) letting them keep the gun even when they get older and stupider. You have to pass a test to keep your driver's license when you're old. Do you have to pass a test to keep your gun? No.

That being said, it's not the old people who are doing most of the killing with guns.

Yamaha P2 acoustic, Yamaha P120 digital, Nord Electro 3HP, QSC K10.

FOR SALE: Nord Electro 2-61.

I don't care how old and feeble you are, firing a gun at someone's head is attempted murder, not "aggravated assault." Even in Texas.

Yea, even in Texas... but it's family. If you helped bring him into the world you sure as hell have some right to take him out. The father had just cause - the kid was a fuc*ing drummer for crying out loud. :)

I bet it's the father's house and the kid is living there free ... more reason to be pissed.

I bet the music was The Doors ... and I would have helped the father. :)

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

My brother plays drums and I grew up with the incessant pounding. There were many times I wished to shoot him. :)

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Hey, come on now! :mad:

There is nothing wrong with drummers.

After all, someone has to deliver the pizzas. :D

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

I don't care how old and feeble you are, firing a gun at someone's head is attempted murder, not "aggravated assault." Even in Texas.

Yea, even in Texas... but it's family. If you helped bring him into the world you sure as hell have some right to take him out. The father had just cause - the kid was a fuc*ing drummer for crying out loud. :)

I bet it's the father's house and the kid is living there free ... more reason to be pissed.

I bet the music was The Doors ... and I would have helped the father. :)

Now THAT'S funny. :D:thu:

I always thought the charge of attempted murder was a bit odd. You mean, we don't give you life in prison or the death penalty because you're a bad shot? You stabbed someone 27 times but they managed to live, so we'll let you off this time.

Would you have been in less trouble with your parents when you were a kid if you unsuccessfully tried to tie up your little sister vs. actually tying her up?

Of course, we've all heard bad drummers. The most one could do is shoot them a stare or leave the room.

BUT, given a chance to hear or better yet, gig with a drummer who can can actually play, reminds us that music is a beautiful thing. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Last night at rehearsal, the band leader gets a text from the drummer shortly after what was supposed to be starting time. Apparently the drummer forgot about rehearsal and wasn't going to make it.

When the band leader told me this, I looked at him and said, "what part of 'every Monday' doesn't he understand?" :rolleyes:

Sheesh; I could almost sympathize if the the guy was playing a Keytar....or playing a Keytar while wearing a Tuxedo.....or playing a Keytar while wearing a Tuxedo while carrying his wife's purse...or playing a Keytar while wearing a Tuxedo while carrying his wife's purse while changing the 2nd chord of Billy Joel's "Just The Way You Are.... :deadhorse:

"Last night at rehearsal, the band leader gets a text from the drummer shortly after what was supposed to be starting time."

Joe, that's funny, as on first read, I thought you meant he texted the band leader during the song because he started the song late and wanted to apologise!

Don't text and drum at the same time. It's not cool.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

changing the 2nd chord of Billy Joel's "Just The Way You Are....

I must have missed that thread. Got a link? :)

It's actually part of another thread that went off-topic, but I don't remember which; maybe the Tuxedo thread. I tried using the forums Search, but as usual, it's completely useless. Anybody remember?

Joe, that's funny, as on first read, I thought you meant he texted the band leader during the song because he started the song late and wanted to apologise!

That's how I read it first time through, too. :D

D'oh! The interwebz haz wreeked mah writing skillz

It's the price we pay for (a) letting any idiot have drums and (b) letting them keep the drums even when they get older and stupider. You have to pass a test to keep your driver's license when you're old. Do you have to pass a test to keep your drums? No.

That being said, it's not the old people who are doing most of the killing with drums.

Fixed it for ya, Jeff, yer welcome.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

Archived