Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

hooking up my 2 keyboards

JcSr56

I ask in advance for your understanding, as I am a blooming "midiot". I just bought a new Roland RD-700gx a couple weeks ago, and I'd like to be able to also control the Juno G with the gx, and use the G's sounds.

I've read both manuals, and I still don't grasp it. I haven't tried any trial and error yet; I thought I would ask you kind folks first.

Thank you,

John Sr.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hijacking the thread...

I also have 2 boards I would like to hook together, but one only has USB midi, not the typical midi port. The other also has a USB port as well as midi in and out. Both USB ports are B type. I've found a USB b/b cable. Any chance this will work?

I aspire to be a midiot.

Hijacking the thread...

I also have 2 boards I would like to hook together, but one only has USB midi, not the typical midi port. The other also has a USB port as well as midi in and out. Both USB ports are B type. I've found a USB b/b cable. Any chance this will work?

I aspire to be a midiot.

It won't. B-B cables (as well as A-A) are not approved for safe operation, IMHO.

Stage: MOX6, V-machine, and Roland AX7

Rolls PM351 for IEMs.

Home/recording: Roland FP4, a few guitars

Thanks bloody... I was very reluctant to try such a thing for fear of letting the smoke out.

So being a midiot, can someone tell me if it it's true that the only thing usb midi is good for is connecting to a computer? I've searched high and low (and google) and can't find anything that suggests otherwise.

Archived