Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

39 years go today

Bluesape

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fortunately Jimi lives on in so many ways. :D

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_V18AlRMa3Lo/RlGeQTwFryI/AAAAAAAAA3U/P_delb9-eIk/s320/hendrix-jimi_live-at-woodstock-front.jpg

Let's organize a birthday shindig Caevan. :)

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

I was a High School student, working in a Music Store on that day in 1970, several older people thought that it was "cute" that I was mourning that day...it still hurts.

Rock On Jimi...Still Raining...Still Dreaming!

"Got my own world to live in...and I'm not gonna copy you" Jimi Hendrix

I'm with ya. But I prefer to remember his Birthday (November 27th, 1942).

I am just a few weeks older than he would have been had he lived. I may not have gotten famous (which I am eternally grateful for, since fame and fortune lead nowhere), but I outlived the dude by a long shot. I am still to this day amazed at how good he was as far as his compositional ability is concerned. I still listen to his music regularly.

I was a High School student, working in a Music Store on that day in 1970, several older people thought that it was "cute" that I was mourning that day...it still hurts.

I was a senior in high school in 1970, and though Jimi dying was a bit of a shock, especially with he, Janis Joplin & Brian Jones dying so close together, I can't say I was emotionally set back by it. I had so much else going on, and it seemed somehow wrong to me to appropriate grief for someone I didn't know personally. I felt kinda the same way when John Lennon died, although I think his death hit a me a little harder because it was like losing a part of my childhood.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Wow, has it really been that long! Picker was right when he mentioned Janis and Brian. Drugs and booze really changed the music landscape. It's a testement to his genius, that the older generation, like me, and even the new generation still love listening to his music. RIP Jimmy.

Archived