Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Philly trip in November

davio

The Boston Massacre just placed 3rd in the Eastern regionals of WFTDA (Women's Flat Track Derby Association) this weekend which qualifies them for Nationals! Nationals are going to be in Philly this year on Nov 13-15 and the gf and I are using that as an excuse to go visit a friend of ours and her fiance that just moved there. Or maybe it's the other way around...I dunno.

Anyway, I'm planning on being in the city for those dates and if anybody in the area wants to get together for dinner or something, let me know!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting... my wife & I are considering getting away for that weekend to celebrate our anniversary- and she mentioned Philadelphia as a possible destination. I'm sure she'd just LOVE having me spend our quality alone time with some Low Downers... I'll let you know if we decide to head up there.

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

• 1 month later...

So we'll probably be getting the tickets today or tomorrow to get everything set in stone. Super cheap tickets from Manchester.

Let me know who might be available and if you have suggestions for a good place for an out-of-towner to grab some grub.

It's on like Donkey Kong.

• 3 weeks later...

I will be playing a blues (sorta) gig in Harrisburg on Sat night. I am hoping it goes well and that no one in the band gets too nervous (a couple of newbies in the band). Feel free to come on over (about and hour and a half from Philly).

Honestly though, there are plenty of better things to do right in Philly.... Have fun!

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

I'd love to but we'll be relying on the subway and whatever extra hospitality we can squeeze out of our friends (probably not a good idea to say "Hey, can you drive me to Harrisburg to meet up with some random people I met online instead of me staying here to visit with you guys that I haven't seen in a couple years?"). :)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2698/4093204766_0f27a84fd5_o.jpg

The details....

Saturday, November 14, 2009

7:30pm - 11:00pm

Legion Bar

790 Metropolitan Ave

Brooklyn, NY

No cover charge!

Three bands:

Mount Olympus

Family Fun

Wizard Eye

Bring earplugs.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

10:30 in the am. We're getting to the convention center around 2. I'm a big fan of derby but I don't have a problem stepping out for a while to hang...it's a different story with the gf. :)

I'll PM you my phone number so you can extricate me from the games at some point. Are there good eats near the convention center?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2698/4093204766_0f27a84fd5_o.jpg

The details....

Saturday, November 14, 2009

7:30pm - 11:00pm

Legion Bar

790 Metropolitan Ave

Brooklyn, NY

No cover charge!

Three bands:

Mount Olympus

Family Fun

Wizard Eye

Bring earplugs.

Thx, Senor Sexxxaaayyy. Lemme see what I can do, homes.

Peace.

--Dub $$

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Archived