Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help help..

adfa

greetings to all of you..I'm learning playing keyboard and now I find out I'm in big trouble because it is hard to find keyboard notes or scores on the internet..can anyone tell me the sites that provides free keyboard notes? It is also my dream to play yesterday song by the beatles..does anyone want to share with me the notes?pls...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I used to have a teacher..but now he is no longer teaching..because he has moved a way..but luckily I have the basic on playing keyboard..like reading the notes,scales and chords..now what I need is the note. I can play if I listen to the song and play

adfa,

The reason that it is hard to find the sheetmusic for these songs is that any relatively new (70 years or so) music is copyrighted - and the copyright owners do not take kindly to having their works posted and made available for download.

Having said that, there are a number of legitimate web sites that sell slectronic copies of sheetmusic, such as www.sheetmusicusa.com

Even chord charts or lead sheets fall into the same situation. By searching, you may find chord charts that someone has made based on their listening to a song - but they suffer from two problems - one being copies of a copyrighted work, the other being the quality of the chord chart itself.

Older music that is in the public domain is much more available. For instance, most of the works of Back are available. There is even a caveat here - a publisher can copyright their own written presentation of a composer's work, even if the composer's work itself is in the public domain.

To further complicate things, the length of copyright and various laws (such as legal remedies, penalties, etc.) are different in different countries.

I have not personally checked for it, but the song "Yesterday" as rendered by the Beatles has definitely been published in the past (at least in books containing a collection). BTW - it has been my personal experience that published copies give the very most basic melodic structure of the song, but playing them as written does not usually sound anywhere close to the artist's performance. So for that reason, building up your ability to listen to a piece of music, analyze it, and come up with your own rendition is still important.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

you are so funny...haha..who says it is free? you still have to pay for the cd...think before you speak...

wait...wait...if I listen to the song,but I can't figure out the chords...how to determine the chords in a song?explain as simple as you can..I'm still learning...

:snax:

then, what is your point you want to make? are you looking down at me because I'm not good as you?everyone must learn to walk before know how to run...

adfa, you were already given excellent advice - get a teacher.

And when you start a new thread make the subject specific so everyone does not waste their time reading something they would not otherwise respond to.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Have you tried Youtube? Often if you type how to play ______ by ____ someone has posted a vid that can be helpful. Not always but a good place to look.

Stan

Gig Rig: Yamaha S90 XS; Hammond SK-1; Rehearsal: Yamaha MOX8 Korg Triton Le61, Yamaha S90, Hammond XK-1

Retired: Hammond M2/Leslie 145, Wurly 200, Ensoniq VFX

Have you tried Youtube? Often if you type how to play ______ by ____ someone has posted a vid that can be helpful. Not always but a good place to look.

YouTube is not free. You have to pay for internet access :snax:...

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

YouTube is not free. You have to pay for internet access :snax:...

Picky picky picky. adfa's original question was "can anyone tell me the sites that provides free keyboard notes?" The request is for free "notes". The "notes" are free.

Stan

Gig Rig: Yamaha S90 XS; Hammond SK-1; Rehearsal: Yamaha MOX8 Korg Triton Le61, Yamaha S90, Hammond XK-1

Here you go! You don't even need too know how to read scores. Though I don't think I am smart enough to follow the notation system used in this video. I would rather have a standard grand staff myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv4UVsICJ5I

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

personally I feel it is really hard to find keyboards notes on the internet rather than piano notes...

What's the difference? :confused:

I'm not sure I've ever seen sheet music for "keyboard' that wasn't essentially piano...?

Also, sheet music is cheap. You can buy individual pieces for only a few dollars - they sell them for download at www.musicnotes.com - so it's not really essential to have to go find some you can get for free.

Music Notes even has some free sheet music here.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Public Service Announcement

(This message is in no way affiliated with the management or staff of this forum, nor does it necessarily represent the views of anyone here except me personally... but I thought it might be of interest to others...)

This forum offers the ability to ignore a user; you will see their post, but the content of the post will be replaced with the words *** You are ignoring this user ***.

To enable this, simply click on the user's name on one of his/her posts, and select "View Profile". On the next screen, click on the "Ignore this user" link, and you're done! :thu:

I thought it might be of interest to some folks... now back to your original discussion. :wave:

Public Service Announcement

(This message is in no way affiliated with the management or staff of this forum, nor does it necessarily represent the views of anyone here except me personally... but I thought it might be of interest to others...)

This forum offers the ability to ignore a user; you will see their post, but the content of the post will be replaced with the words *** You are ignoring this user ***.

To enable this, simply click on the user's name on one of his/her posts, and select "View Profile". On the next screen, click on the "Ignore this user" link, and you're done! :thu:

I thought it might be of interest to some folks... now back to your original discussion. :wave:

:wave:

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

thanks stanC..anyone else wants to share with me useful websites that I can get free notes or access for keyboard? personally I feel it is really hard to find keyboards notes on the internet rather than piano notes...

You're welcome. But I'm not sure what you mean by keyboard notes versus piano notes? BTW is English your first language? That may explain alot. . .

Stan

Archived